May 16, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
No worries though, said head coach Claude Julien.
“Brad is going to be okay,” he told CSNNE.com. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”
It’s unclear exactly what Marchand tweaked during practice — he “pulled up lame” during a two-on-one drill with Patrice Bergeron and left the ice immediately, failing to return.
The 24-year-old has had a tough go in the playoffs since emerging as a clutch performer during Boston’s Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
Marchand — who scored 11 goals and 19 points en route to the ’11 championship — recorded just two points during last year’s opening-round loss to the Caps, and had just three assists (no goals) in Boston’s seven-game victory over Toronto this year.
That said, Marchand did have a stellar regular season this year, leading the Bruins in goals (18) and points (36).
As for the aforementioned trio of injured defensemen — CSNNE.com reports the expectation is that none of them will be in the lineup tonight. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug will likely draw in.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)