May 16, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
No worries though, said head coach Claude Julien.
“Brad is going to be okay,” he told CSNNE.com. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”
It’s unclear exactly what Marchand tweaked during practice — he “pulled up lame” during a two-on-one drill with Patrice Bergeron and left the ice immediately, failing to return.
The 24-year-old has had a tough go in the playoffs since emerging as a clutch performer during Boston’s Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
Marchand — who scored 11 goals and 19 points en route to the ’11 championship — recorded just two points during last year’s opening-round loss to the Caps, and had just three assists (no goals) in Boston’s seven-game victory over Toronto this year.
That said, Marchand did have a stellar regular season this year, leading the Bruins in goals (18) and points (36).
As for the aforementioned trio of injured defensemen — CSNNE.com reports the expectation is that none of them will be in the lineup tonight. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug will likely draw in.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)