May 16, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
No worries though, said head coach Claude Julien.
“Brad is going to be okay,” he told CSNNE.com. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”
It’s unclear exactly what Marchand tweaked during practice — he “pulled up lame” during a two-on-one drill with Patrice Bergeron and left the ice immediately, failing to return.
The 24-year-old has had a tough go in the playoffs since emerging as a clutch performer during Boston’s Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
Marchand — who scored 11 goals and 19 points en route to the ’11 championship — recorded just two points during last year’s opening-round loss to the Caps, and had just three assists (no goals) in Boston’s seven-game victory over Toronto this year.
That said, Marchand did have a stellar regular season this year, leading the Bruins in goals (18) and points (36).
As for the aforementioned trio of injured defensemen — CSNNE.com reports the expectation is that none of them will be in the lineup tonight. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug will likely draw in.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)