May 16, 2013, 2:08 PM EST
No worries though, said head coach Claude Julien.
“Brad is going to be okay,” he told CSNNE.com. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”
It’s unclear exactly what Marchand tweaked during practice — he “pulled up lame” during a two-on-one drill with Patrice Bergeron and left the ice immediately, failing to return.
The 24-year-old has had a tough go in the playoffs since emerging as a clutch performer during Boston’s Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
Marchand — who scored 11 goals and 19 points en route to the ’11 championship — recorded just two points during last year’s opening-round loss to the Caps, and had just three assists (no goals) in Boston’s seven-game victory over Toronto this year.
That said, Marchand did have a stellar regular season this year, leading the Bruins in goals (18) and points (36).
As for the aforementioned trio of injured defensemen — CSNNE.com reports the expectation is that none of them will be in the lineup tonight. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug will likely draw in.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)