May 16, 2013, 2:08 PM EDT
No worries though, said head coach Claude Julien.
“Brad is going to be okay,” he told CSNNE.com. “You’ll see him on the ice tonight.”
It’s unclear exactly what Marchand tweaked during practice — he “pulled up lame” during a two-on-one drill with Patrice Bergeron and left the ice immediately, failing to return.
The 24-year-old has had a tough go in the playoffs since emerging as a clutch performer during Boston’s Stanley Cup victory in 2011.
Marchand — who scored 11 goals and 19 points en route to the ’11 championship — recorded just two points during last year’s opening-round loss to the Caps, and had just three assists (no goals) in Boston’s seven-game victory over Toronto this year.
That said, Marchand did have a stellar regular season this year, leading the Bruins in goals (18) and points (36).
As for the aforementioned trio of injured defensemen — CSNNE.com reports the expectation is that none of them will be in the lineup tonight. Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski and Torey Krug will likely draw in.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5