May 16, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins dominated most of Game 1’s OT period, which is often an oddly bad omen in many playoff games. Instead, it was a sign of good things to come, as Brad Marchand scored the 3-2 winner to give the Bruins a 1-0 series lead on Thursday.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Marchand finally scored his first goal of this postseason, which was set up by Patrice Bergeron. David Krejci also looked dangerous in the game, collecting his 14th point of the playoffs. How underrated are those three Bruins forwards?
- Henrik Lundqvist was amazing, especially during a dangerous OT power play for Boston. He’s put up outstanding numbers in this year’s playoffs yet his record is 4-4. Will he be able to hold up over the long-term if New York continues to fall short in the “goal support” category?
- The Bruins fired 48 shots on goal to the Rangers’ 35 and hit a few posts as well. Do those numbers point toward Boston being a substantially better team or is it too early to tell?
- The Rangers bounced back from a 2-0 deficit to win their first-round series against the Washington Capitals. Can they manage that feat if they fall short in Game 2? Who do you expect to win that contest?
- Speaking of that contest, it takes place on Sunday. Which team benefits more from the extra day of rest (if any benefits more, that is)?
- Torey Krug scored a goal in his playoff debut. How do you feel about the rookie blueliner?
- How would you compare Tuukka Rask to Lundqvist? Is he an “elite” goalie or would you say that he’s maybe a “rung” lower?
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)