May 16, 2013, 10:55 PM EST
The Boston Bruins dominated most of Game 1′s OT period, which is often an oddly bad omen in many playoff games. Instead, it was a sign of good things to come, as Brad Marchand scored the 3-2 winner to give the Bruins a 1-0 series lead on Thursday.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Marchand finally scored his first goal of this postseason, which was set up by Patrice Bergeron. David Krejci also looked dangerous in the game, collecting his 14th point of the playoffs. How underrated are those three Bruins forwards?
- Henrik Lundqvist was amazing, especially during a dangerous OT power play for Boston. He’s put up outstanding numbers in this year’s playoffs yet his record is 4-4. Will he be able to hold up over the long-term if New York continues to fall short in the “goal support” category?
- The Bruins fired 48 shots on goal to the Rangers’ 35 and hit a few posts as well. Do those numbers point toward Boston being a substantially better team or is it too early to tell?
- The Rangers bounced back from a 2-0 deficit to win their first-round series against the Washington Capitals. Can they manage that feat if they fall short in Game 2? Who do you expect to win that contest?
- Speaking of that contest, it takes place on Sunday. Which team benefits more from the extra day of rest (if any benefits more, that is)?
- Torey Krug scored a goal in his playoff debut. How do you feel about the rookie blueliner?
- How would you compare Tuukka Rask to Lundqvist? Is he an “elite” goalie or would you say that he’s maybe a “rung” lower?
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 37
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)