May 16, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins dominated most of Game 1’s OT period, which is often an oddly bad omen in many playoff games. Instead, it was a sign of good things to come, as Brad Marchand scored the 3-2 winner to give the Bruins a 1-0 series lead on Thursday.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Marchand finally scored his first goal of this postseason, which was set up by Patrice Bergeron. David Krejci also looked dangerous in the game, collecting his 14th point of the playoffs. How underrated are those three Bruins forwards?
- Henrik Lundqvist was amazing, especially during a dangerous OT power play for Boston. He’s put up outstanding numbers in this year’s playoffs yet his record is 4-4. Will he be able to hold up over the long-term if New York continues to fall short in the “goal support” category?
- The Bruins fired 48 shots on goal to the Rangers’ 35 and hit a few posts as well. Do those numbers point toward Boston being a substantially better team or is it too early to tell?
- The Rangers bounced back from a 2-0 deficit to win their first-round series against the Washington Capitals. Can they manage that feat if they fall short in Game 2? Who do you expect to win that contest?
- Speaking of that contest, it takes place on Sunday. Which team benefits more from the extra day of rest (if any benefits more, that is)?
- Torey Krug scored a goal in his playoff debut. How do you feel about the rookie blueliner?
- How would you compare Tuukka Rask to Lundqvist? Is he an “elite” goalie or would you say that he’s maybe a “rung” lower?
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)