May 16, 2013, 10:55 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins dominated most of Game 1’s OT period, which is often an oddly bad omen in many playoff games. Instead, it was a sign of good things to come, as Brad Marchand scored the 3-2 winner to give the Bruins a 1-0 series lead on Thursday.
Let’s discuss the game.
- Marchand finally scored his first goal of this postseason, which was set up by Patrice Bergeron. David Krejci also looked dangerous in the game, collecting his 14th point of the playoffs. How underrated are those three Bruins forwards?
- Henrik Lundqvist was amazing, especially during a dangerous OT power play for Boston. He’s put up outstanding numbers in this year’s playoffs yet his record is 4-4. Will he be able to hold up over the long-term if New York continues to fall short in the “goal support” category?
- The Bruins fired 48 shots on goal to the Rangers’ 35 and hit a few posts as well. Do those numbers point toward Boston being a substantially better team or is it too early to tell?
- The Rangers bounced back from a 2-0 deficit to win their first-round series against the Washington Capitals. Can they manage that feat if they fall short in Game 2? Who do you expect to win that contest?
- Speaking of that contest, it takes place on Sunday. Which team benefits more from the extra day of rest (if any benefits more, that is)?
- Torey Krug scored a goal in his playoff debut. How do you feel about the rookie blueliner?
- How would you compare Tuukka Rask to Lundqvist? Is he an “elite” goalie or would you say that he’s maybe a “rung” lower?
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 0
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 16
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)