May 16, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Boston Bruins rookie Torey Krug already was earning some positive reviews in his first career postseason contest at the NHL level in Game 1 against the New York Rangers on Thursday. Scoring the goal that sent this closely-matched series opener into overtime just put his debut over the top:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not bad, kid.
(He also had an assist in his lone regular season contest in 2013, so maybe the 22-year-old just has the knack.)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32