May 16, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Boston Bruins rookie Torey Krug already was earning some positive reviews in his first career postseason contest at the NHL level in Game 1 against the New York Rangers on Thursday. Scoring the goal that sent this closely-matched series opener into overtime just put his debut over the top:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Not bad, kid.
(He also had an assist in his lone regular season contest in 2013, so maybe the 22-year-old just has the knack.)
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1