May 15, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
Raffi Torres delivered a big hit early in Game 1, but it probably wasn’t the most noteworthy blow from Tuesday’s second-round match between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks.
Torres, for one, received a two-minute minor for charging Jarret Stoll (who has missed time since the hit, as Los Angeles Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen points out). Drew Doughty also seemed a little banged up after a Patrick Marleau check.
You can see some examples of the chippy play in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)