May 15, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
Raffi Torres delivered a big hit early in Game 1, but it probably wasn’t the most noteworthy blow from Tuesday’s second-round match between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks.
Torres, for one, received a two-minute minor for charging Jarret Stoll (who has missed time since the hit, as Los Angeles Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen points out). Drew Doughty also seemed a little banged up after a Patrick Marleau check.
You can see some examples of the chippy play in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)