May 15, 2013, 12:29 AM EDT
Raffi Torres delivered a big hit early in Game 1, but it probably wasn’t the most noteworthy blow from Tuesday’s second-round match between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks.
Torres, for one, received a two-minute minor for charging Jarret Stoll (who has missed time since the hit, as Los Angeles Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen points out). Drew Doughty also seemed a little banged up after a Patrick Marleau check.
You can see some examples of the chippy play in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18