May 15, 2013, 12:29 AM EST
Raffi Torres delivered a big hit early in Game 1, but it probably wasn’t the most noteworthy blow from Tuesday’s second-round match between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks.
Torres, for one, received a two-minute minor for charging Jarret Stoll (who has missed time since the hit, as Los Angeles Kings Insider’s Jon Rosen points out). Drew Doughty also seemed a little banged up after a Patrick Marleau check.
You can see some examples of the chippy play in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56