May 15, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings lost to the Chicago Blackhawks 4-1 in Game 1 on Wednesday. Despite the lopsided score, Jimmy Howard had a fantastic night, keeping what looked like an out-matched Red Wings team in the game despite a serious shot disparity.
His save on Dave Bolland‘s breakaway is probably the best testimony to his great performance … or at least more fun to soak in than boring old stats:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22