May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated much of Wednesday’s 4-1 win in Game 1 against the Detroit Red Wings, but that doesn’t mean they never faced any close calls.
The best example probably came when the Red Wings nearly brought a 3-1 Blackhawks lead down to 3-2 until Brent Seabrook made a heads-up play to keep the puck out of the net:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Corey Crawford can thank his quick reflexes for only allowing one goal tonight, for sure, yet he also benefited from great work from teammates such as Seabrook.
Joel Quenneville probably said it the best to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“We talk about having a good stick … That’s probably as good a stick as you can get,” Quenneville said.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 25
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)