May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated much of Wednesday’s 4-1 win in Game 1 against the Detroit Red Wings, but that doesn’t mean they never faced any close calls.
The best example probably came when the Red Wings nearly brought a 3-1 Blackhawks lead down to 3-2 until Brent Seabrook made a heads-up play to keep the puck out of the net:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Corey Crawford can thank his quick reflexes for only allowing one goal tonight, for sure, yet he also benefited from great work from teammates such as Seabrook.
Joel Quenneville probably said it the best to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“We talk about having a good stick … That’s probably as good a stick as you can get,” Quenneville said.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)