May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated much of Wednesday’s 4-1 win in Game 1 against the Detroit Red Wings, but that doesn’t mean they never faced any close calls.
The best example probably came when the Red Wings nearly brought a 3-1 Blackhawks lead down to 3-2 until Brent Seabrook made a heads-up play to keep the puck out of the net:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Corey Crawford can thank his quick reflexes for only allowing one goal tonight, for sure, yet he also benefited from great work from teammates such as Seabrook.
Joel Quenneville probably said it the best to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“We talk about having a good stick … That’s probably as good a stick as you can get,” Quenneville said.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35