May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated much of Wednesday’s 4-1 win in Game 1 against the Detroit Red Wings, but that doesn’t mean they never faced any close calls.
The best example probably came when the Red Wings nearly brought a 3-1 Blackhawks lead down to 3-2 until Brent Seabrook made a heads-up play to keep the puck out of the net:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Corey Crawford can thank his quick reflexes for only allowing one goal tonight, for sure, yet he also benefited from great work from teammates such as Seabrook.
Joel Quenneville probably said it the best to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“We talk about having a good stick … That’s probably as good a stick as you can get,” Quenneville said.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)