May 15, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks dominated much of Wednesday’s 4-1 win in Game 1 against the Detroit Red Wings, but that doesn’t mean they never faced any close calls.
The best example probably came when the Red Wings nearly brought a 3-1 Blackhawks lead down to 3-2 until Brent Seabrook made a heads-up play to keep the puck out of the net:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Corey Crawford can thank his quick reflexes for only allowing one goal tonight, for sure, yet he also benefited from great work from teammates such as Seabrook.
Joel Quenneville probably said it the best to the Chicago Sun-Times’ Mark Lazerus.
“We talk about having a good stick … That’s probably as good a stick as you can get,” Quenneville said.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 3
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 13
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)