May 15, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Although it looked like Torres made contact with Stoll’s head, he was also quick to defend his actions.
“I didn’t really think it was even going to be a penalty,” Torres said, according to CSN Bay Area. “They called it charging, I don’t think I launched myself. I took a step and a half, and glided into him.
“Obviously he was leaning over, and I still feel like I got a shoulder to his shoulder, and then it kind of looked because he was leaning over that I came up a little high. I didn’t even think it was going to be a penalty, but I hope he’s alright.”
Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t go into detail about Stoll’s status, but he encouraged us to read between the lines.
“You know what? I didn’t play Jarret in the third period, and he wasn’t resting, so that pretty well tells you, doesn’t it?” Sutter told LA Kings Insider.
If you want to judge the hit for yourself, you can view it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)