May 15, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Although it looked like Torres made contact with Stoll’s head, he was also quick to defend his actions.
“I didn’t really think it was even going to be a penalty,” Torres said, according to CSN Bay Area. “They called it charging, I don’t think I launched myself. I took a step and a half, and glided into him.
“Obviously he was leaning over, and I still feel like I got a shoulder to his shoulder, and then it kind of looked because he was leaning over that I came up a little high. I didn’t even think it was going to be a penalty, but I hope he’s alright.”
Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t go into detail about Stoll’s status, but he encouraged us to read between the lines.
“You know what? I didn’t play Jarret in the third period, and he wasn’t resting, so that pretty well tells you, doesn’t it?” Sutter told LA Kings Insider.
If you want to judge the hit for yourself, you can view it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24