May 15, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Although it looked like Torres made contact with Stoll’s head, he was also quick to defend his actions.
“I didn’t really think it was even going to be a penalty,” Torres said, according to CSN Bay Area. “They called it charging, I don’t think I launched myself. I took a step and a half, and glided into him.
“Obviously he was leaning over, and I still feel like I got a shoulder to his shoulder, and then it kind of looked because he was leaning over that I came up a little high. I didn’t even think it was going to be a penalty, but I hope he’s alright.”
Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t go into detail about Stoll’s status, but he encouraged us to read between the lines.
“You know what? I didn’t play Jarret in the third period, and he wasn’t resting, so that pretty well tells you, doesn’t it?” Sutter told LA Kings Insider.
If you want to judge the hit for yourself, you can view it below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2