May 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Sutter, however, balked when asked if it was worthy of a suspension.
“Who are we to even talk about that stuff?” said Sutter, per LA Kings Insider. “I totally leave it to the league and principals to look at those things…It’s just frustrating to see that, that’s all.”
Frustrating, because Stoll is “missing in action” and it’s not known when he’ll be able to play again.
“He’s a really good player for us,” said Sutter. “He was a big part of winning a Stanley Cup and a really good centerman and a guy who plays minutes, plays special teams. So obviously our player is quite a bit more important than theirs.”
Yesterday, Sharks coach Todd McClellan said he thought the hit was “clean,” and not even deserving of the minor penalty for charging that Torres received.
Torres also thought the hit was legal.
The NHL may disagree though, as Torres has an in-person disciplinary hearing in New York tomorrow.
Whether you believe Torres made Stoll’s head the principal point of contact or not, it’s worth noting that Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba was suspended two games for not making “enough of a full-body check” on Montreal’s Lars Eller in the first round.
Torres is also a well-known repeat offender.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)