May 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Sutter, however, balked when asked if it was worthy of a suspension.
“Who are we to even talk about that stuff?” said Sutter, per LA Kings Insider. “I totally leave it to the league and principals to look at those things…It’s just frustrating to see that, that’s all.”
Frustrating, because Stoll is “missing in action” and it’s not known when he’ll be able to play again.
“He’s a really good player for us,” said Sutter. “He was a big part of winning a Stanley Cup and a really good centerman and a guy who plays minutes, plays special teams. So obviously our player is quite a bit more important than theirs.”
Yesterday, Sharks coach Todd McClellan said he thought the hit was “clean,” and not even deserving of the minor penalty for charging that Torres received.
Torres also thought the hit was legal.
The NHL may disagree though, as Torres has an in-person disciplinary hearing in New York tomorrow.
Whether you believe Torres made Stoll’s head the principal point of contact or not, it’s worth noting that Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba was suspended two games for not making “enough of a full-body check” on Montreal’s Lars Eller in the first round.
Torres is also a well-known repeat offender.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)