May 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Sutter, however, balked when asked if it was worthy of a suspension.
“Who are we to even talk about that stuff?” said Sutter, per LA Kings Insider. “I totally leave it to the league and principals to look at those things…It’s just frustrating to see that, that’s all.”
Frustrating, because Stoll is “missing in action” and it’s not known when he’ll be able to play again.
“He’s a really good player for us,” said Sutter. “He was a big part of winning a Stanley Cup and a really good centerman and a guy who plays minutes, plays special teams. So obviously our player is quite a bit more important than theirs.”
Yesterday, Sharks coach Todd McClellan said he thought the hit was “clean,” and not even deserving of the minor penalty for charging that Torres received.
Torres also thought the hit was legal.
The NHL may disagree though, as Torres has an in-person disciplinary hearing in New York tomorrow.
Whether you believe Torres made Stoll’s head the principal point of contact or not, it’s worth noting that Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba was suspended two games for not making “enough of a full-body check” on Montreal’s Lars Eller in the first round.
Torres is also a well-known repeat offender.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)