May 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Sutter, however, balked when asked if it was worthy of a suspension.
“Who are we to even talk about that stuff?” said Sutter, per LA Kings Insider. “I totally leave it to the league and principals to look at those things…It’s just frustrating to see that, that’s all.”
Frustrating, because Stoll is “missing in action” and it’s not known when he’ll be able to play again.
“He’s a really good player for us,” said Sutter. “He was a big part of winning a Stanley Cup and a really good centerman and a guy who plays minutes, plays special teams. So obviously our player is quite a bit more important than theirs.”
Yesterday, Sharks coach Todd McClellan said he thought the hit was “clean,” and not even deserving of the minor penalty for charging that Torres received.
Torres also thought the hit was legal.
The NHL may disagree though, as Torres has an in-person disciplinary hearing in New York tomorrow.
Whether you believe Torres made Stoll’s head the principal point of contact or not, it’s worth noting that Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba was suspended two games for not making “enough of a full-body check” on Montreal’s Lars Eller in the first round.
Torres is also a well-known repeat offender.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)