May 15, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
Sutter, however, balked when asked if it was worthy of a suspension.
“Who are we to even talk about that stuff?” said Sutter, per LA Kings Insider. “I totally leave it to the league and principals to look at those things…It’s just frustrating to see that, that’s all.”
Frustrating, because Stoll is “missing in action” and it’s not known when he’ll be able to play again.
“He’s a really good player for us,” said Sutter. “He was a big part of winning a Stanley Cup and a really good centerman and a guy who plays minutes, plays special teams. So obviously our player is quite a bit more important than theirs.”
Yesterday, Sharks coach Todd McClellan said he thought the hit was “clean,” and not even deserving of the minor penalty for charging that Torres received.
Torres also thought the hit was legal.
The NHL may disagree though, as Torres has an in-person disciplinary hearing in New York tomorrow.
Whether you believe Torres made Stoll’s head the principal point of contact or not, it’s worth noting that Ottawa defenseman Eric Gryba was suspended two games for not making “enough of a full-body check” on Montreal’s Lars Eller in the first round.
Torres is also a well-known repeat offender.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)