May 15, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Apparently, Mike Babcock has little interest in providing the Chicago Blackhawks with any bulletin-board material.
“Chicago’s a great city,” said the Red Wings’ coach, per the Globe and Mail. “They’ve got great players. They’ve got five D who are flat-out great skaters. They’ve got a captain [Jonathan Toews] who’s a real good human being and a great leader. They’ve got lots of skill and good depth. They’re well-organized. The national anthem is fun. Good uniforms.
“They’re got nice restaurants. It’s a good spot. We’ll have a good time. We got a lot of reasons to be excited about playing them.”
Detroit and Chicago kick off their second-round series tonight at the United Center.
The Red Wings go into the series as decided underdogs, but with the knowledge they played the ‘Hawks close in all but one of their four regular-season meetings. Twice Chicago won in a shootout, another in overtime, with one 7-1 blowout on March 31.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56