May 15, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will make a change from the lineup that won Game 7 of their first-round series against Anaheim.
“I’ve just got to play my game, be physical and be hard to play against,” Emmerton told the Macomb Daily. “For our line, we need to play well down low, be in their zone and play hard.
“That’s going to be the keys for us to be successful.”
Emmerton, 24, played in the first six games of the Anaheim series before being dropped in Game 7. He went scoreless and posted a minus-4 rating, averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game.
In 48 games this season, Emmerton scored 5G-3A.
Losing Samuelsson will be significant for the Wings. While he barely played during the regular season (four games), he rebounded nicely in the postseason, scoring two points in five games against Anaheim, averaging over 13 minutes a night.
He’s also one of Detroit’s most experienced playoff performers, having appeared in over 100 postseason contests with the Wings, Canucks and Panthers.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 76
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (77)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)