May 15, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings will make a change from the lineup that won Game 7 of their first-round series against Anaheim.
“I’ve just got to play my game, be physical and be hard to play against,” Emmerton told the Macomb Daily. “For our line, we need to play well down low, be in their zone and play hard.
“That’s going to be the keys for us to be successful.”
Emmerton, 24, played in the first six games of the Anaheim series before being dropped in Game 7. He went scoreless and posted a minus-4 rating, averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game.
In 48 games this season, Emmerton scored 5G-3A.
Losing Samuelsson will be significant for the Wings. While he barely played during the regular season (four games), he rebounded nicely in the postseason, scoring two points in five games against Anaheim, averaging over 13 minutes a night.
He’s also one of Detroit’s most experienced playoff performers, having appeared in over 100 postseason contests with the Wings, Canucks and Panthers.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)