May 15, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings will make a change from the lineup that won Game 7 of their first-round series against Anaheim.
“I’ve just got to play my game, be physical and be hard to play against,” Emmerton told the Macomb Daily. “For our line, we need to play well down low, be in their zone and play hard.
“That’s going to be the keys for us to be successful.”
Emmerton, 24, played in the first six games of the Anaheim series before being dropped in Game 7. He went scoreless and posted a minus-4 rating, averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game.
In 48 games this season, Emmerton scored 5G-3A.
Losing Samuelsson will be significant for the Wings. While he barely played during the regular season (four games), he rebounded nicely in the postseason, scoring two points in five games against Anaheim, averaging over 13 minutes a night.
He’s also one of Detroit’s most experienced playoff performers, having appeared in over 100 postseason contests with the Wings, Canucks and Panthers.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)