May 15, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings will make a change from the lineup that won Game 7 of their first-round series against Anaheim.
“I’ve just got to play my game, be physical and be hard to play against,” Emmerton told the Macomb Daily. “For our line, we need to play well down low, be in their zone and play hard.
“That’s going to be the keys for us to be successful.”
Emmerton, 24, played in the first six games of the Anaheim series before being dropped in Game 7. He went scoreless and posted a minus-4 rating, averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game.
In 48 games this season, Emmerton scored 5G-3A.
Losing Samuelsson will be significant for the Wings. While he barely played during the regular season (four games), he rebounded nicely in the postseason, scoring two points in five games against Anaheim, averaging over 13 minutes a night.
He’s also one of Detroit’s most experienced playoff performers, having appeared in over 100 postseason contests with the Wings, Canucks and Panthers.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)