May 15, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings will make a change from the lineup that won Game 7 of their first-round series against Anaheim.
“I’ve just got to play my game, be physical and be hard to play against,” Emmerton told the Macomb Daily. “For our line, we need to play well down low, be in their zone and play hard.
“That’s going to be the keys for us to be successful.”
Emmerton, 24, played in the first six games of the Anaheim series before being dropped in Game 7. He went scoreless and posted a minus-4 rating, averaging just over 11 minutes of ice time per game.
In 48 games this season, Emmerton scored 5G-3A.
Losing Samuelsson will be significant for the Wings. While he barely played during the regular season (four games), he rebounded nicely in the postseason, scoring two points in five games against Anaheim, averaging over 13 minutes a night.
He’s also one of Detroit’s most experienced playoff performers, having appeared in over 100 postseason contests with the Wings, Canucks and Panthers.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)