May 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Edmonton city council has voted 10-3 in favor of a new funding arrangement for the construction of a $480 million downtown arena for the Oilers.
The details of the deal can be found here, if you’re curious how much each party is chipping in.
Per CBC Edmonton reporter Marion Warnica, shovels could be in the ground as soon as early next year.
The Oilers could then be playing in their new rink by 2016.
Assuming no more hiccups…
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11