May 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Edmonton city council has voted 10-3 in favor of a new funding arrangement for the construction of a $480 million downtown arena for the Oilers.
The details of the deal can be found here, if you’re curious how much each party is chipping in.
Per CBC Edmonton reporter Marion Warnica, shovels could be in the ground as soon as early next year.
The Oilers could then be playing in their new rink by 2016.
Assuming no more hiccups…
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15