May 15, 2013, 12:53 AM EST
The San Jose Sharks out-shot and out-hit the Los Angeles Kings, but that wasn’t good enough to get the win in Game 1. Instead, Los Angeles took a 1-0 series lead thanks to a 2-0 win on Tuesday.
Shall we gab?
- Jonathan Quick stopped 34 out of the 34 San Jose shots, earning his second shutout of the 2013 playoffs. Is he back (or at least close) to the all-world form that he displayed on his way to the 2012 Conn Smythe Trophy and Stanley Cup?
- On the other hand, Antti Niemi was beaten twice on 20 attempts by the Kings. How much is this loss on his head? Can he match or best Quick often enough to eventually win this series?
- This series/game could be a good example for those who are into the “rest vs. rust” argument. Did the Sharks look a little groggy after the long break they received by sweeping the Vancouver Canucks? Will the bumps and bruises from edging the St. Louis Blues in six games eventually catch up with the Kings?
- Joe Thornton and Brent Burns had strong games despite going without a point while guys like Logan Couture were frustrated in Game 1. Who needs to step up the most for the Sharks?
- If you were to put together a playoff power rankings list, where would Los Angeles rank? Where are the defending champions in the pecking order?
- Do you expect this series to remain low-scoring?
- Which Western Conference final matchup would you like to see the most this year?
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 15
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)