May 15, 2013, 10:42 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks won their 800th all-time meeting against the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday, taking a 1-0 series lead by a score of 4-1.
Let’s chat about Game 1.
- For Blackhawks fans: how nervous were you about Jimmy Howard stealing a game when it was still 1-1 in the third period?
- Howard stopped 38 out of 41 shots (one goal was an empty-netter), showing casual fans why the Red Wings gave him that big contract extension. Can he be enough of a difference-maker for Detroit to win this series?
- Speaking of goalies, what book do you think Corey Crawford was reading the second period (he faced just five shots on goal then)?
- Which Red Wings player(s) need to step up the most in Game 2? Is this a matter of star players picking things up or do they simply need more help in a star-studded series?
- Patrick Kane isn’t exactly laboring out there with six assists in as many games, but is there any concern about his goal-scoring struggles? He narrowly missed scoring an empty-netter, for example.
- Tough question of the night: who’s the best player on the ice in this series? So many choices …
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)