May 15, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Cam Neely was a part of some memorable moments during his NHL career, but he told CBS Boston’s Felger & Mazz that he’s never experienced anything quite like the Boston Bruins’ stunning comeback from a 4-1 deficit against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7.
“Someone asked me that earlier today,” Neely said. “I remember a lot of great, exciting playoff games. But to put it in comparison is tough to do, because you’re talking about Game 7. To come back from three goals in a Game 7 to win the series. That particular game, although it was an extremely exciting comeback for us, it wasn’t to keep the series alive, it was to get back into the series.
“I don’t know if you can find a Game 7 in any sport that’s had this type of situation, with that much time left in the game.”
At the very least, Neely is right about this comeback being one-of-a-kind. The Bruins became the first team to overcome a three-goal third-period deficit in a Game 7 when they did so on Monday.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)