May 15, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Cam Neely was a part of some memorable moments during his NHL career, but he told CBS Boston’s Felger & Mazz that he’s never experienced anything quite like the Boston Bruins’ stunning comeback from a 4-1 deficit against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7.
“Someone asked me that earlier today,” Neely said. “I remember a lot of great, exciting playoff games. But to put it in comparison is tough to do, because you’re talking about Game 7. To come back from three goals in a Game 7 to win the series. That particular game, although it was an extremely exciting comeback for us, it wasn’t to keep the series alive, it was to get back into the series.
“I don’t know if you can find a Game 7 in any sport that’s had this type of situation, with that much time left in the game.”
At the very least, Neely is right about this comeback being one-of-a-kind. The Bruins became the first team to overcome a three-goal third-period deficit in a Game 7 when they did so on Monday.
Jul 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
It’s a one-year, two-way deal.
Jul 2, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Washington continues to load up.
Jul 2, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
There’s no “timetables for next steps”, according to NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The 27-year-old is looking forward to a fresh start in Pittsburgh.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
Acquired from Toronto at last year’s trade deadline.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Leagues will continue to respect each other’s contracts. But that’s it.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:52 PM EDT
Pleads no contest to misdemeanor count of corporal injury to a spouse.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:11 PM EDT
Boughner coached against DeBoer in the OHL, Hedberg played for him in New Jersey.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:02 PM EDT
The Mike Gillis era is just a memory now.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Former Hart Trophy winner announced his retirement on Thursday.
Jul 2, 2015, 1:35 PM EDT
Pittsburgh? Florida? New Jersey? KHL?
Jul 2, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
“At some point Justin became more affordable to us, and we started to lean his way.”
Jul 2, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
“At the end of the day, nobody wants to get traded two times. But it’s a learning curve.”
Jul 2, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
But reports suggest Edmonton, Columbus and Philly are interested.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
24-year-old has appeared in 220 NHL contests, all with Nashville.
Jul 2, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Yes, the same Jim Rutherford who was the GM in Carolina for two decades.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:53 AM EDT
He didn’t want to make his intentions known until he was drafted.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
He was playing with the Winnipeg Jets before heading to Croatia.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:03 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 AM EDT
Some interesting players still need deals.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)