May 15, 2013, 12:23 AM EDT
Cam Neely was a part of some memorable moments during his NHL career, but he told CBS Boston’s Felger & Mazz that he’s never experienced anything quite like the Boston Bruins’ stunning comeback from a 4-1 deficit against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 7.
“Someone asked me that earlier today,” Neely said. “I remember a lot of great, exciting playoff games. But to put it in comparison is tough to do, because you’re talking about Game 7. To come back from three goals in a Game 7 to win the series. That particular game, although it was an extremely exciting comeback for us, it wasn’t to keep the series alive, it was to get back into the series.
“I don’t know if you can find a Game 7 in any sport that’s had this type of situation, with that much time left in the game.”
At the very least, Neely is right about this comeback being one-of-a-kind. The Bruins became the first team to overcome a three-goal third-period deficit in a Game 7 when they did so on Monday.
May 30, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Jeff Blashill (pictured) is the front runner for the job.
May 30, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He will be an unrestricted free agent in July.
May 30, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
The search for his replacement continues.
May 30, 2015, 1:45 PM EDT
Fleischmann draws in for Etem.
May 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
For the first time in his career the 27-year-old is about to hit the open market.
May 30, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
He’ll be eligible to re-enter next month’s NHL Draft.
May 30, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
He met with doctors in Buffalo on Thursday.
May 30, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
He is currently an assistant coach in Nashville.
May 30, 2015, 1:08 AM EDT
Hard to blame the goalie in this one.
May 30, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
“I don’t know if we’re so young and dumb and don’t know any better…”
May 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Might explain what occurred in the first period.
May 29, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
Tampa Bay awaits the winner of the Blackhawks-Ducks series.
May 29, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Is it enough?
May 29, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Game 7 goes Saturday.
May 29, 2015, 8:54 PM EDT
Something to keep an eye on.
May 29, 2015, 8:21 PM EDT
Rangers also make one change to the lineup.
May 29, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
The winner, as you know, goes to the Stanley Cup Final.
May 29, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
“I’ve met with Nick several times and he knows he made a terrible mistake.”
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
And it looks like Tomas Fleischmann might replace Emerson Etem, again.
May 29, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
People like ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 20
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)