May 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Chicago forward Viktor Stalberg will indeed be a healthy scratch tonight when his Blackhawks host the Red Wings in Game 1 of their second-round series.
‘Hawks bench boss Joel Quenneville called it a “coach’s decision.”
On Monday, Stalberg wore a white jersey and didn’t skate with any of Chicago’s top four lines during practice.
The 27-year-old speedster had just one assist in five games versus the Wild in the first round of the playoffs.
Update: “A source told the Tribune that Stalberg questioned his lack of ice time on the power play with coaches. The winger averaged 11 seconds per game with the Hawks on the man advantage against the Wild in the first round.”
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 0
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 25
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 9
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)