May 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Chicago forward Viktor Stalberg will indeed be a healthy scratch tonight when his Blackhawks host the Red Wings in Game 1 of their second-round series.
‘Hawks bench boss Joel Quenneville called it a “coach’s decision.”
On Monday, Stalberg wore a white jersey and didn’t skate with any of Chicago’s top four lines during practice.
The 27-year-old speedster had just one assist in five games versus the Wild in the first round of the playoffs.
Update: “A source told the Tribune that Stalberg questioned his lack of ice time on the power play with coaches. The winger averaged 11 seconds per game with the Hawks on the man advantage against the Wild in the first round.”
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)