May 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Chicago forward Viktor Stalberg will indeed be a healthy scratch tonight when his Blackhawks host the Red Wings in Game 1 of their second-round series.
‘Hawks bench boss Joel Quenneville called it a “coach’s decision.”
On Monday, Stalberg wore a white jersey and didn’t skate with any of Chicago’s top four lines during practice.
The 27-year-old speedster had just one assist in five games versus the Wild in the first round of the playoffs.
Update: “A source told the Tribune that Stalberg questioned his lack of ice time on the power play with coaches. The winger averaged 11 seconds per game with the Hawks on the man advantage against the Wild in the first round.”
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 57
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)