May 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Chicago forward Viktor Stalberg will indeed be a healthy scratch tonight when his Blackhawks host the Red Wings in Game 1 of their second-round series.
‘Hawks bench boss Joel Quenneville called it a “coach’s decision.”
On Monday, Stalberg wore a white jersey and didn’t skate with any of Chicago’s top four lines during practice.
The 27-year-old speedster had just one assist in five games versus the Wild in the first round of the playoffs.
Update: “A source told the Tribune that Stalberg questioned his lack of ice time on the power play with coaches. The winger averaged 11 seconds per game with the Hawks on the man advantage against the Wild in the first round.”
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 19
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)