May 15, 2013, 1:11 PM EDT
Chicago forward Viktor Stalberg will indeed be a healthy scratch tonight when his Blackhawks host the Red Wings in Game 1 of their second-round series.
‘Hawks bench boss Joel Quenneville called it a “coach’s decision.”
On Monday, Stalberg wore a white jersey and didn’t skate with any of Chicago’s top four lines during practice.
The 27-year-old speedster had just one assist in five games versus the Wild in the first round of the playoffs.
Update: “A source told the Tribune that Stalberg questioned his lack of ice time on the power play with coaches. The winger averaged 11 seconds per game with the Hawks on the man advantage against the Wild in the first round.”
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79