May 14, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
For many Washington Capitals fans and observers, the stench of Game 7’s 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers will linger for a long time.
Even so, Alex Ovechkin seemed to stew the most about perceived imbalances in officiating from a 1-0 Game 6 loss (when officials called five penalties on Washington and none on New York). Ovechkin wondered if there were forces who “wanted a Game 7,” though he stopped short of outright conspiracy claims.
As you can see from the video below, Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick believe that Ovechkin should focus on his own production rather than the work of officials:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56