May 14, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
For many Washington Capitals fans and observers, the stench of Game 7’s 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers will linger for a long time.
Even so, Alex Ovechkin seemed to stew the most about perceived imbalances in officiating from a 1-0 Game 6 loss (when officials called five penalties on Washington and none on New York). Ovechkin wondered if there were forces who “wanted a Game 7,” though he stopped short of outright conspiracy claims.
As you can see from the video below, Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick believe that Ovechkin should focus on his own production rather than the work of officials:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)