May 14, 2013, 8:13 PM EST
For many Washington Capitals fans and observers, the stench of Game 7’s 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers will linger for a long time.
Even so, Alex Ovechkin seemed to stew the most about perceived imbalances in officiating from a 1-0 Game 6 loss (when officials called five penalties on Washington and none on New York). Ovechkin wondered if there were forces who “wanted a Game 7,” though he stopped short of outright conspiracy claims.
As you can see from the video below, Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick believe that Ovechkin should focus on his own production rather than the work of officials:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)