May 14, 2013, 8:13 PM EDT
For many Washington Capitals fans and observers, the stench of Game 7’s 5-0 loss to the New York Rangers will linger for a long time.
Even so, Alex Ovechkin seemed to stew the most about perceived imbalances in officiating from a 1-0 Game 6 loss (when officials called five penalties on Washington and none on New York). Ovechkin wondered if there were forces who “wanted a Game 7,” though he stopped short of outright conspiracy claims.
As you can see from the video below, Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick believe that Ovechkin should focus on his own production rather than the work of officials:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 38
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)