May 14, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
There will be no goalie switch in Pittsburgh for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinal against Ottawa.
“[I’m] just trying to keep it on an even keel and not get too excited about stuff,” Vokoun said. “Only thing that matters is if we get the win in the end.”
This will mark the first time since 2001 that Pittsburgh will open a series without Fleury starting in goal.
Fleury, 28, started 79 straight playoff games for the Pens prior to getting the hook after a 6-4 loss in Game 4 of the opening round.
Vokoun, meanwhile, hadn’t participated in the playoffs since 2007 prior to coming in in Game 5.
He’s proceeded to go 2-0 with a .957 save percentage and 1.41 GAA, posting a shutout in his first postseason start with the Penguins.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4