May 14, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
There will be no goalie switch in Pittsburgh for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinal against Ottawa.
“[I’m] just trying to keep it on an even keel and not get too excited about stuff,” Vokoun said. “Only thing that matters is if we get the win in the end.”
This will mark the first time since 2001 that Pittsburgh will open a series without Fleury starting in goal.
Fleury, 28, started 79 straight playoff games for the Pens prior to getting the hook after a 6-4 loss in Game 4 of the opening round.
Vokoun, meanwhile, hadn’t participated in the playoffs since 2007 prior to coming in in Game 5.
He’s proceeded to go 2-0 with a .957 save percentage and 1.41 GAA, posting a shutout in his first postseason start with the Penguins.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)