May 14, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
There will be no goalie switch in Pittsburgh for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinal against Ottawa.
“[I’m] just trying to keep it on an even keel and not get too excited about stuff,” Vokoun said. “Only thing that matters is if we get the win in the end.”
This will mark the first time since 2001 that Pittsburgh will open a series without Fleury starting in goal.
Fleury, 28, started 79 straight playoff games for the Pens prior to getting the hook after a 6-4 loss in Game 4 of the opening round.
Vokoun, meanwhile, hadn’t participated in the playoffs since 2007 prior to coming in in Game 5.
He’s proceeded to go 2-0 with a .957 save percentage and 1.41 GAA, posting a shutout in his first postseason start with the Penguins.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)