May 14, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
There will be no goalie switch in Pittsburgh for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinal against Ottawa.
“[I'm] just trying to keep it on an even keel and not get too excited about stuff,” Vokoun said. “Only thing that matters is if we get the win in the end.”
This will mark the first time since 2001 that Pittsburgh will open a series without Fleury starting in goal.
Fleury, 28, started 79 straight playoff games for the Pens prior to getting the hook after a 6-4 loss in Game 4 of the opening round.
Vokoun, meanwhile, hadn’t participated in the playoffs since 2007 prior to coming in in Game 5.
He’s proceeded to go 2-0 with a .957 save percentage and 1.41 GAA, posting a shutout in his first postseason start with the Penguins.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)