May 14, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
There will be no goalie switch in Pittsburgh for the start of the Eastern Conference semifinal against Ottawa.
“[I'm] just trying to keep it on an even keel and not get too excited about stuff,” Vokoun said. “Only thing that matters is if we get the win in the end.”
This will mark the first time since 2001 that Pittsburgh will open a series without Fleury starting in goal.
Fleury, 28, started 79 straight playoff games for the Pens prior to getting the hook after a 6-4 loss in Game 4 of the opening round.
Vokoun, meanwhile, hadn’t participated in the playoffs since 2007 prior to coming in in Game 5.
He’s proceeded to go 2-0 with a .957 save percentage and 1.41 GAA, posting a shutout in his first postseason start with the Penguins.
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 0
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 15
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 28
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)