May 14, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
With the second pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in tow, the Florida Panthers expect to add another high-end prospect to a farm system that’s frequently regarded as one of the best. If that’s not enticing enough, they also might expect to see one of their most promising prospects close to 100 percent next season.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the 19-year-old’s hip was bothering him all season long.
Huberdeau tied Nail Yakupov for the rookie scoring lead in 2013 with 31 points in 48 games played, so it must be tantalizing for Panthers fans to picture what he might accomplish without that ailment hampering him.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 28
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)