May 14, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
With the second pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in tow, the Florida Panthers expect to add another high-end prospect to a farm system that’s frequently regarded as one of the best. If that’s not enticing enough, they also might expect to see one of their most promising prospects close to 100 percent next season.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the 19-year-old’s hip was bothering him all season long.
Huberdeau tied Nail Yakupov for the rookie scoring lead in 2013 with 31 points in 48 games played, so it must be tantalizing for Panthers fans to picture what he might accomplish without that ailment hampering him.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)