May 14, 2013, 6:27 PM EST
With the second pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in tow, the Florida Panthers expect to add another high-end prospect to a farm system that’s frequently regarded as one of the best. If that’s not enticing enough, they also might expect to see one of their most promising prospects close to 100 percent next season.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the 19-year-old’s hip was bothering him all season long.
Huberdeau tied Nail Yakupov for the rookie scoring lead in 2013 with 31 points in 48 games played, so it must be tantalizing for Panthers fans to picture what he might accomplish without that ailment hampering him.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)