May 14, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
With the second pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in tow, the Florida Panthers expect to add another high-end prospect to a farm system that’s frequently regarded as one of the best. If that’s not enticing enough, they also might expect to see one of their most promising prospects close to 100 percent next season.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the 19-year-old’s hip was bothering him all season long.
Huberdeau tied Nail Yakupov for the rookie scoring lead in 2013 with 31 points in 48 games played, so it must be tantalizing for Panthers fans to picture what he might accomplish without that ailment hampering him.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28