May 14, 2013, 6:27 PM EDT
With the second pick in the 2013 NHL Draft in tow, the Florida Panthers expect to add another high-end prospect to a farm system that’s frequently regarded as one of the best. If that’s not enticing enough, they also might expect to see one of their most promising prospects close to 100 percent next season.
RDS’ Renaud Lavoie reports that the 19-year-old’s hip was bothering him all season long.
Huberdeau tied Nail Yakupov for the rookie scoring lead in 2013 with 31 points in 48 games played, so it must be tantalizing for Panthers fans to picture what he might accomplish without that ailment hampering him.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 0
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 9
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)