May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray met with reporters on Tuesday for his end-of-season wrap — and it was an interesting meeting to say the least.
The 32-year-old Beauchemin, who head coach Bruce Boudreau backed for Norris consideration, will undergo surgery this offseason to repair the damage.
Murray also discussed the future of Teemu Selanne.
“I would like him back,” Murray said of the 42-year-old Finn. “I’ll wait a while, go hit a few [golf] balls, go play with him and let him beat me, and then we’ll decide.”
Selanne has spent the last three years in offseason limbo, only to return each time on a one-year deal (he made $4.5 million this season.)
It’ll be interesting to see what Selanne decides to do.
Last season, he enjoyed a tremendous campaign (66 points in 82 games) but this year, his play and production tapered off as the season went along.
Selanne had just eight points over the final two months of the season and saw his ice time average drop from 17:53 last season to 15:42 this year.
He was also non-committal about returning.
“I’m waiting,” Selanne said when asked if he’d made a decision. “This is not the time to think about it. I need more time.”
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)