May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray met with reporters on Tuesday for his end-of-season wrap — and it was an interesting meeting to say the least.
The 32-year-old Beauchemin, who head coach Bruce Boudreau backed for Norris consideration, will undergo surgery this offseason to repair the damage.
Murray also discussed the future of Teemu Selanne.
“I would like him back,” Murray said of the 42-year-old Finn. “I’ll wait a while, go hit a few [golf] balls, go play with him and let him beat me, and then we’ll decide.”
Selanne has spent the last three years in offseason limbo, only to return each time on a one-year deal (he made $4.5 million this season.)
It’ll be interesting to see what Selanne decides to do.
Last season, he enjoyed a tremendous campaign (66 points in 82 games) but this year, his play and production tapered off as the season went along.
Selanne had just eight points over the final two months of the season and saw his ice time average drop from 17:53 last season to 15:42 this year.
He was also non-committal about returning.
“I’m waiting,” Selanne said when asked if he’d made a decision. “This is not the time to think about it. I need more time.”
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14