May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray met with reporters on Tuesday for his end-of-season wrap — and it was an interesting meeting to say the least.
The 32-year-old Beauchemin, who head coach Bruce Boudreau backed for Norris consideration, will undergo surgery this offseason to repair the damage.
Murray also discussed the future of Teemu Selanne.
“I would like him back,” Murray said of the 42-year-old Finn. “I’ll wait a while, go hit a few [golf] balls, go play with him and let him beat me, and then we’ll decide.”
Selanne has spent the last three years in offseason limbo, only to return each time on a one-year deal (he made $4.5 million this season.)
It’ll be interesting to see what Selanne decides to do.
Last season, he enjoyed a tremendous campaign (66 points in 82 games) but this year, his play and production tapered off as the season went along.
Selanne had just eight points over the final two months of the season and saw his ice time average drop from 17:53 last season to 15:42 this year.
He was also non-committal about returning.
“I’m waiting,” Selanne said when asked if he’d made a decision. “This is not the time to think about it. I need more time.”
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)