May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray met with reporters on Tuesday for his end-of-season wrap — and it was an interesting meeting to say the least.
The 32-year-old Beauchemin, who head coach Bruce Boudreau backed for Norris consideration, will undergo surgery this offseason to repair the damage.
Murray also discussed the future of Teemu Selanne.
“I would like him back,” Murray said of the 42-year-old Finn. “I’ll wait a while, go hit a few [golf] balls, go play with him and let him beat me, and then we’ll decide.”
Selanne has spent the last three years in offseason limbo, only to return each time on a one-year deal (he made $4.5 million this season.)
It’ll be interesting to see what Selanne decides to do.
Last season, he enjoyed a tremendous campaign (66 points in 82 games) but this year, his play and production tapered off as the season went along.
Selanne had just eight points over the final two months of the season and saw his ice time average drop from 17:53 last season to 15:42 this year.
He was also non-committal about returning.
“I’m waiting,” Selanne said when asked if he’d made a decision. “This is not the time to think about it. I need more time.”
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 34
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)