May 14, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray met with reporters on Tuesday for his end-of-season wrap — and it was an interesting meeting to say the least.
The 32-year-old Beauchemin, who head coach Bruce Boudreau backed for Norris consideration, will undergo surgery this offseason to repair the damage.
Murray also discussed the future of Teemu Selanne.
“I would like him back,” Murray said of the 42-year-old Finn. “I’ll wait a while, go hit a few [golf] balls, go play with him and let him beat me, and then we’ll decide.”
Selanne has spent the last three years in offseason limbo, only to return each time on a one-year deal (he made $4.5 million this season.)
It’ll be interesting to see what Selanne decides to do.
Last season, he enjoyed a tremendous campaign (66 points in 82 games) but this year, his play and production tapered off as the season went along.
Selanne had just eight points over the final two months of the season and saw his ice time average drop from 17:53 last season to 15:42 this year.
He was also non-committal about returning.
“I’m waiting,” Selanne said when asked if he’d made a decision. “This is not the time to think about it. I need more time.”
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 31
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 54
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)