May 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not clear if injured Bruins defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (lower body), Andrew Ference (foot) or Wade Redden (undisclosed) will be able to play Game 1 of Boston’s second-round series on Thursday versus the Rangers at TD Garden.
From CSN New England:
General manager Peter Chiarelli said that Redden couldn’t play on Tuesday night if there were a playoff game, and he would only confirm that Seidenberg did suffer an injury without getting into the seriousness of it.
Seidenberg only played two shifts and 37 seconds in Game 7 after appearing to injure one of his legs during the very first shift of the game. Zdeno Chara played 35 plus minutes and both young defensemen Matt Bartkowski and Dougie Hamilton played 20 plus minutes with one of their best defensemen down and out.
Earlier today, the B’s called up d-man Torey Krug from AHL Providence. Given the Baby B’s are still alive in the playoffs (they have a game tomorrow at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton), the move suggests Krug is a possibility to play Thursday.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)