May 14, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
It’s not clear if injured Bruins defensemen Dennis Seidenberg (lower body), Andrew Ference (foot) or Wade Redden (undisclosed) will be able to play Game 1 of Boston’s second-round series on Thursday versus the Rangers at TD Garden.
From CSN New England:
General manager Peter Chiarelli said that Redden couldn’t play on Tuesday night if there were a playoff game, and he would only confirm that Seidenberg did suffer an injury without getting into the seriousness of it.
Seidenberg only played two shifts and 37 seconds in Game 7 after appearing to injure one of his legs during the very first shift of the game. Zdeno Chara played 35 plus minutes and both young defensemen Matt Bartkowski and Dougie Hamilton played 20 plus minutes with one of their best defensemen down and out.
Earlier today, the B’s called up d-man Torey Krug from AHL Providence. Given the Baby B’s are still alive in the playoffs (they have a game tomorrow at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton), the move suggests Krug is a possibility to play Thursday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5