May 14, 2013, 4:11 PM EDT
After missing the last eight games with a lower-body injury, Dave Bolland is ready to get back at it.
“I’m really happy,” the Chicago center said prior to Wednesday’s Game 1 against Detroit. “It’s been two-and-a-half weeks, so I’m glad to get back on the ice.”
Bolland last played on Apr. 23 — a 3-1 loss to Vancouver — and missed all of Chicago’s opening-round series win against Minnesota.
The 26-year-old was replaced on Chicago’s second line by veteran Michal Handzus, who notched two points in five games against the Wild, averaging nearly 17 minutes a night.
“[We’ll be] in that shutdown role,” Bolland said. “We’ve got to be aware of who’s on the ice and who we’re on with. It’ll be a big game.”
Bolland finished the regular season with 7G-7A-14PTS in just 35 games, but will be counted on for his playoff experience in this matchup against the Wings.
The gritty forward has 37 points in 49 career postseason appearances, scoring eight goals in 22 games en route to Chicago’s Stanley Cup championship in 2010.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 14
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)