May 13, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
The referees for tonight’s Eastern Conference quarterfinal Game 7 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers will be Dan O’Rourke (#9) and Chris Rooney (#5).
Working the lines will be “Life Of” Brian Murphy (#93) and “Mean” Jean Morin (#97).
Interesting storyline here — this is almost the identical crew that worked last year’s Caps-Rangers Game 7.
Rooney, O’Rourke and Murphy all return, with the lone exception being Morin, who replaces Jonny “What happened to the H?” Murray.
The Rangers won last year’s Game 7 by a 2-1 scoreline, a tightly-contested affair that featured just three penalty calls (two on Washington, one on New York.)
Rooney and O’Rourke are extremely familiar with these two teams.
In addition to working last year’s Game 7, the pair also called the triple-OT Game 3, which New York won 2-1.
That game was over 100 minutes long but had just 14 PIM.
— Last year, Rooney and O’Rourke also called Game 7 of the Florida-New Jersey series.
— O’Rourke worked Game 3 of the Rangers-Caps series, a 4-3 New York victory. Rooney worked Game 1.
— Murphy worked the lines for Game 5 of this series, a 2-1 Caps win in OT.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50