May 13, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
Washington Capitals forward Alex Ovechkin has just one goal and an assist in the first round, but he certainly hasn’t been invisible on the ice.
After 20 minutes, Ovechkin led Game 7 with seven hits. The rest of his team combined for just 11 over that span.
You can view his work below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
All the same, the Capitals are probably hoping that Ovechkin can find his scoring touch.
New York has taken a 3-0 lead in Game 7, putting the pressure on Washington to respond or begin their offseason.
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 13
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 122
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 64
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (122)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)