May 13, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
For the Boston Bruins, it was a miraculous comeback. For the Toronto Maple Leafs, it was a devastating collapse.
The Leafs, having fallen behind in this best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarter-final series 3-1 only to force a seventh and deciding game back in Boston, had a three-goal lead with 11 minutes remaining in the third period of Monday’s Game 7.
Then came the collapse. Or maybe it was the comeback.
The Bruins are off to the second round of the playoffs.
The Leafs will now contemplate what might have been.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)