May 13, 2013, 10:37 PM EDT
For the Boston Bruins, it was a miraculous comeback. For the Toronto Maple Leafs, it was a devastating collapse.
The Leafs, having fallen behind in this best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarter-final series 3-1 only to force a seventh and deciding game back in Boston, had a three-goal lead with 11 minutes remaining in the third period of Monday’s Game 7.
Then came the collapse. Or maybe it was the comeback.
The Bruins are off to the second round of the playoffs.
The Leafs will now contemplate what might have been.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8