May 13, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
For the Boston Bruins, it was a miraculous comeback. For the Toronto Maple Leafs, it was a devastating collapse.
The Leafs, having fallen behind in this best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarter-final series 3-1 only to force a seventh and deciding game back in Boston, had a three-goal lead with 11 minutes remaining in the third period of Monday’s Game 7.
Then came the collapse. Or maybe it was the comeback.
The Bruins are off to the second round of the playoffs.
The Leafs will now contemplate what might have been.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8