May 13, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
In our quest to write as many posts as possible about the start of Round 2, here’s another post about the start of Round 2!
The NHL has confirmed that Pittsburgh and Ottawa will kick off their series on Tuesday, May 14 ( 7 p.m. ET) in the first game of a doubleheader — later that evening, Los Angeles and San Jose will get things underway (10 p.m. ET).
The Penguins and Senators will do battle in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center while the Kings and Sharks meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Of note, the LA-San Jose series will mark the first time the Kings have held home-ice advantage in a playoff series since — get this — 1992.)
The NHL also confirmed the other Western Conference quarterfinal — between Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago and seventh-seeded Detroit — will get underway on Wednesday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET.
Games 1 and 2 will be played at the United Center before switching to Joe Louis Arena for Games 3 and 4.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 5
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 27
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)