May 13, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
In our quest to write as many posts as possible about the start of Round 2, here’s another post about the start of Round 2!
The NHL has confirmed that Pittsburgh and Ottawa will kick off their series on Tuesday, May 14 ( 7 p.m. ET) in the first game of a doubleheader — later that evening, Los Angeles and San Jose will get things underway (10 p.m. ET).
The Penguins and Senators will do battle in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center while the Kings and Sharks meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Of note, the LA-San Jose series will mark the first time the Kings have held home-ice advantage in a playoff series since — get this — 1992.)
The NHL also confirmed the other Western Conference quarterfinal — between Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago and seventh-seeded Detroit — will get underway on Wednesday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET.
Games 1 and 2 will be played at the United Center before switching to Joe Louis Arena for Games 3 and 4.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12