May 13, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
In our quest to write as many posts as possible about the start of Round 2, here’s another post about the start of Round 2!
The NHL has confirmed that Pittsburgh and Ottawa will kick off their series on Tuesday, May 14 ( 7 p.m. ET) in the first game of a doubleheader — later that evening, Los Angeles and San Jose will get things underway (10 p.m. ET).
The Penguins and Senators will do battle in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center while the Kings and Sharks meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Of note, the LA-San Jose series will mark the first time the Kings have held home-ice advantage in a playoff series since — get this — 1992.)
The NHL also confirmed the other Western Conference quarterfinal — between Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago and seventh-seeded Detroit — will get underway on Wednesday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET.
Games 1 and 2 will be played at the United Center before switching to Joe Louis Arena for Games 3 and 4.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8