May 13, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
In our quest to write as many posts as possible about the start of Round 2, here’s another post about the start of Round 2!
The NHL has confirmed that Pittsburgh and Ottawa will kick off their series on Tuesday, May 14 ( 7 p.m. ET) in the first game of a doubleheader — later that evening, Los Angeles and San Jose will get things underway (10 p.m. ET).
The Penguins and Senators will do battle in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center while the Kings and Sharks meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Of note, the LA-San Jose series will mark the first time the Kings have held home-ice advantage in a playoff series since — get this — 1992.)
The NHL also confirmed the other Western Conference quarterfinal — between Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago and seventh-seeded Detroit — will get underway on Wednesday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET.
Games 1 and 2 will be played at the United Center before switching to Joe Louis Arena for Games 3 and 4.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5