May 13, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
In our quest to write as many posts as possible about the start of Round 2, here’s another post about the start of Round 2!
The NHL has confirmed that Pittsburgh and Ottawa will kick off their series on Tuesday, May 14 ( 7 p.m. ET) in the first game of a doubleheader — later that evening, Los Angeles and San Jose will get things underway (10 p.m. ET).
The Penguins and Senators will do battle in Pittsburgh at the Consol Energy Center while the Kings and Sharks meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Of note, the LA-San Jose series will mark the first time the Kings have held home-ice advantage in a playoff series since — get this — 1992.)
The NHL also confirmed the other Western Conference quarterfinal — between Presidents’ Trophy-winning Chicago and seventh-seeded Detroit — will get underway on Wednesday, May 15 at 8 p.m. ET.
Games 1 and 2 will be played at the United Center before switching to Joe Louis Arena for Games 3 and 4.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)