May 13, 2013, 12:59 AM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings are on to the Western Conference semifinals.
The Red Wings looked to have everything under control in the third period, before allowing a power play goal against late in regulation time and having to hang on for a 3-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 of this quarter-final series.
- Ducks’ forward Corey Perry, who earlier this season signed an eight-year contract extension worth $69 million, had no goals and just two assists in this series.
- Have we seen the last of Teemu Selanne? The 42-year-old Selanne has enjoyed a lengthy NHL career, but didn’t register a single point in the final four games of this series.
- Detroit’s first three wins in this series came in overtime. Achieved victory in regulation time Sunday, but barely.
- Henrik Zetterberg opened the scoring at 1:49 of the first period. He also scored twice in Game 6 – his first two goals of the series – and had eight points in the series.
- Zetterberg did take a delay of game penalty for firing the puck over the glass from his own end. The Ducks capitalized, providing a dramatic finish.
- After a shaky start, the Ducks were able to push back through the first period. That was until Justin Abdelkader‘s short-handed goal that gave the Red Wings the lead.
- After dispatching of the second-place team in the Western Conference, the Red Wings will now play the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners as the league’s top regular season team.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:12 PM EDT
The series is tied at 1-1.
Apr 20, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Chicago will have to find a way to get back into this series without one of its top defenseman.
Apr 20, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
It’s the second part of NBC’s doubleheader.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
He stopped 30 shots on Saturday.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Pittsburgh dropped Game 2 against Columbus.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The Bruins are one of the most effective teams in the league with the man advantage.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
He was pulled late in Friday’s game.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
The contest will start at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
He has seven points in his first two playoff games.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
With a two-goal lead, Pittsburgh had four forwards on during a power play, which proved to be the turning point of this game.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
Meanwhile the Lightning are in a dangerous position.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
“You can’t defend on your heels,” Ryan Suter said.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Colorado overcomes some strange officiating late in Game 2.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51