May 13, 2013, 12:59 AM EST
The Detroit Red Wings are on to the Western Conference semifinals.
The Red Wings looked to have everything under control in the third period, before allowing a power play goal against late in regulation time and having to hang on for a 3-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in Game 7 of this quarter-final series.
- Ducks’ forward Corey Perry, who earlier this season signed an eight-year contract extension worth $69 million, had no goals and just two assists in this series.
- Have we seen the last of Teemu Selanne? The 42-year-old Selanne has enjoyed a lengthy NHL career, but didn’t register a single point in the final four games of this series.
- Detroit’s first three wins in this series came in overtime. Achieved victory in regulation time Sunday, but barely.
- Henrik Zetterberg opened the scoring at 1:49 of the first period. He also scored twice in Game 6 – his first two goals of the series – and had eight points in the series.
- Zetterberg did take a delay of game penalty for firing the puck over the glass from his own end. The Ducks capitalized, providing a dramatic finish.
- After a shaky start, the Ducks were able to push back through the first period. That was until Justin Abdelkader‘s short-handed goal that gave the Red Wings the lead.
- After dispatching of the second-place team in the Western Conference, the Red Wings will now play the Chicago Blackhawks, the 2013 Presidents’ Trophy winners as the league’s top regular season team.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 PM EST
Detroit is forcing itself into the Stanley Cup conversation.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
Montreal has put pressure on Tampa Bay in the battle for the Eastern Conference lead.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He has a degenerative back injury that might lead to career-ending surgery.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:56 PM EST
He gave up five goals against them on Jan. 10.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Meanwhile Philadelphia will try to win its fourth straight game.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:57 AM EST
They’ve surpassed the early season expectations.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:11 AM EST
But he seems very reluctant on the matter.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:24 AM EST
Is that what’s best for Carolina in the long term?
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 AM EST
Sabres conclude January with an 0-12-0 record.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Shattenkirk had the shootout winner.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
He’s now tied with Dino Ciccarelli on the all-time points list.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Kris Letang has assisted on Pittsburgh’s last seven goals.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Mark Hunter has also been a rumored replacement.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
He’s a restricted free agent after this season.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
The 18-year-old is playing in his 3rd career AHL game tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Was 6-0-0 in his previous seven appearances entering tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:05 PM EST
It could happen at the World Cup though.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
“We would be thrilled to have them play at our venue.”
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16