May 13, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
We now know that the Los Angeles Kings will open their second-round series against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but what their lineup will look like for that contest remains to be seen.
The Kings were without Kyle Clifford for Game 6 on Friday due to an undisclosed injury and he wasn’t on the ice for the team’s practice on Monday. Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t provide an update on his status, according to LA Kings’ Insider.
Meanwhile, Matt Greene (undisclosed) was on the ice Monday, but he didn’t want to provide a potential timetable for his return.
“Just cruising along and rehabbing and listening to the doctors. That’s it,” Greene said.
Greene was limited to just five games in the regular season and didn’t play in the first round.
As a side note, Greene turned 30 today and to celebrate his teammates were sporting green jerseys during Monday’s practice.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 18
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)