May 13, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
We now know that the Los Angeles Kings will open their second-round series against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but what their lineup will look like for that contest remains to be seen.
The Kings were without Kyle Clifford for Game 6 on Friday due to an undisclosed injury and he wasn’t on the ice for the team’s practice on Monday. Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t provide an update on his status, according to LA Kings’ Insider.
Meanwhile, Matt Greene (undisclosed) was on the ice Monday, but he didn’t want to provide a potential timetable for his return.
“Just cruising along and rehabbing and listening to the doctors. That’s it,” Greene said.
Greene was limited to just five games in the regular season and didn’t play in the first round.
As a side note, Greene turned 30 today and to celebrate his teammates were sporting green jerseys during Monday’s practice.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10