May 13, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
We now know that the Los Angeles Kings will open their second-round series against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but what their lineup will look like for that contest remains to be seen.
The Kings were without Kyle Clifford for Game 6 on Friday due to an undisclosed injury and he wasn’t on the ice for the team’s practice on Monday. Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t provide an update on his status, according to LA Kings’ Insider.
Meanwhile, Matt Greene (undisclosed) was on the ice Monday, but he didn’t want to provide a potential timetable for his return.
“Just cruising along and rehabbing and listening to the doctors. That’s it,” Greene said.
Greene was limited to just five games in the regular season and didn’t play in the first round.
As a side note, Greene turned 30 today and to celebrate his teammates were sporting green jerseys during Monday’s practice.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)