May 13, 2013, 6:20 PM EDT
We now know that the Los Angeles Kings will open their second-round series against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, but what their lineup will look like for that contest remains to be seen.
The Kings were without Kyle Clifford for Game 6 on Friday due to an undisclosed injury and he wasn’t on the ice for the team’s practice on Monday. Kings coach Darryl Sutter wouldn’t provide an update on his status, according to LA Kings’ Insider.
Meanwhile, Matt Greene (undisclosed) was on the ice Monday, but he didn’t want to provide a potential timetable for his return.
“Just cruising along and rehabbing and listening to the doctors. That’s it,” Greene said.
Greene was limited to just five games in the regular season and didn’t play in the first round.
As a side note, Greene turned 30 today and to celebrate his teammates were sporting green jerseys during Monday’s practice.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (74)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)