May 13, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will have to make do without some reinforcements tonight.
Laich, 29, is dealing with a groin injury and hasn’t played in the Capitals’ first-round series. He only participated in nine contests during the regular season, but he’s typically a solid source of secondary scoring for Washington when he’s healthy.
You can see that incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Erat had five goals and 24 points in 45 games between the Capitals and Nashville Predators during the regular season.
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 8
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 1
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)