May 13, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will have to make do without some reinforcements tonight.
Laich, 29, is dealing with a groin injury and hasn’t played in the Capitals’ first-round series. He only participated in nine contests during the regular season, but he’s typically a solid source of secondary scoring for Washington when he’s healthy.
You can see that incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Erat had five goals and 24 points in 45 games between the Capitals and Nashville Predators during the regular season.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)