May 13, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Washington Capitals will have to make do without some reinforcements tonight.
Laich, 29, is dealing with a groin injury and hasn’t played in the Capitals’ first-round series. He only participated in nine contests during the regular season, but he’s typically a solid source of secondary scoring for Washington when he’s healthy.
You can see that incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Erat had five goals and 24 points in 45 games between the Capitals and Nashville Predators during the regular season.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46