May 13, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will have to make do without some reinforcements tonight.
Laich, 29, is dealing with a groin injury and hasn’t played in the Capitals’ first-round series. He only participated in nine contests during the regular season, but he’s typically a solid source of secondary scoring for Washington when he’s healthy.
You can see that incident below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Erat had five goals and 24 points in 45 games between the Capitals and Nashville Predators during the regular season.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7