May 12, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
There are likely to be a lot of tense moments as the Washington Capitals attempt to knock the New York Rangers out of the playoffs in Game 6 on Sunday, but every now and then, it’s nice to remember that it’s just a game.
Moments of comic relief are especially effective at sending that message. So, with that, here’s footage of Tom Wilson struggling to get off the ice in the first period because of a broken skate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This marks just the second NHL game – both in the 2013 playoffs – in the 19-year-old forward’s career. Tough break.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)