May 12, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
There are likely to be a lot of tense moments as the Washington Capitals attempt to knock the New York Rangers out of the playoffs in Game 6 on Sunday, but every now and then, it’s nice to remember that it’s just a game.
Moments of comic relief are especially effective at sending that message. So, with that, here’s footage of Tom Wilson struggling to get off the ice in the first period because of a broken skate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This marks just the second NHL game – both in the 2013 playoffs – in the 19-year-old forward’s career. Tough break.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)