May 12, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
There are likely to be a lot of tense moments as the Washington Capitals attempt to knock the New York Rangers out of the playoffs in Game 6 on Sunday, but every now and then, it’s nice to remember that it’s just a game.
Moments of comic relief are especially effective at sending that message. So, with that, here’s footage of Tom Wilson struggling to get off the ice in the first period because of a broken skate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This marks just the second NHL game – both in the 2013 playoffs – in the 19-year-old forward’s career. Tough break.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)