May 12, 2013, 5:54 PM EDT
There are likely to be a lot of tense moments as the Washington Capitals attempt to knock the New York Rangers out of the playoffs in Game 6 on Sunday, but every now and then, it’s nice to remember that it’s just a game.
Moments of comic relief are especially effective at sending that message. So, with that, here’s footage of Tom Wilson struggling to get off the ice in the first period because of a broken skate:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
This marks just the second NHL game – both in the 2013 playoffs – in the 19-year-old forward’s career. Tough break.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)