May 12, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are facing elimination in Game 6 against the Washington Capitals on Sunday, so that means the physicality is likely to jump up a notch. One early example came when Michael Del Zotto delivered a hard hit on Mathieu Perreault early in the first period:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Perreault needed help off the ice, yet he returned within the same frame.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 24
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54