May 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Beyond impressing Wayne Gretzky, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ first playoff berth in nine years has also served as a nice way for casual hockey fans to get acquainted with James Reimer.
Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron might be one of the few who still wishes that the Maple Leafs backed up rumors by trading the young goalie. As of this writing, he’s scored one goal on just 26 shots against the 25-year-old netminder.
If you’re wondering why, this video backs up footage from Game 5 as evidence of Reimer’s successes against Bergeron. (Tyler Seguin‘s been pretty frustrated by Reimer, too, as he’s managed zero goals on 26 shots at the moment.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 0
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 12
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 58
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 56
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7