May 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EST
Beyond impressing Wayne Gretzky, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ first playoff berth in nine years has also served as a nice way for casual hockey fans to get acquainted with James Reimer.
Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron might be one of the few who still wishes that the Maple Leafs backed up rumors by trading the young goalie. As of this writing, he’s scored one goal on just 26 shots against the 25-year-old netminder.
If you’re wondering why, this video backs up footage from Game 5 as evidence of Reimer’s successes against Bergeron. (Tyler Seguin‘s been pretty frustrated by Reimer, too, as he’s managed zero goals on 26 shots at the moment.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 3
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)