May 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Beyond impressing Wayne Gretzky, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ first playoff berth in nine years has also served as a nice way for casual hockey fans to get acquainted with James Reimer.
Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron might be one of the few who still wishes that the Maple Leafs backed up rumors by trading the young goalie. As of this writing, he’s scored one goal on just 26 shots against the 25-year-old netminder.
If you’re wondering why, this video backs up footage from Game 5 as evidence of Reimer’s successes against Bergeron. (Tyler Seguin‘s been pretty frustrated by Reimer, too, as he’s managed zero goals on 26 shots at the moment.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)