May 12, 2013, 9:42 PM EDT
Beyond impressing Wayne Gretzky, the Toronto Maple Leafs’ first playoff berth in nine years has also served as a nice way for casual hockey fans to get acquainted with James Reimer.
Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron might be one of the few who still wishes that the Maple Leafs backed up rumors by trading the young goalie. As of this writing, he’s scored one goal on just 26 shots against the 25-year-old netminder.
If you’re wondering why, this video backs up footage from Game 5 as evidence of Reimer’s successes against Bergeron. (Tyler Seguin‘s been pretty frustrated by Reimer, too, as he’s managed zero goals on 26 shots at the moment.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5