May 12, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
We’ve got “Jason Spezza Watch” underway in Ottawa.
After yesterday’s update from coach Paul MacLean that the star center won’t be ready to start the second-round of the playoffs against Pittsburgh, sure enough he skated in a full practice with the team today in Ottawa. Spezza told reporters after it was good to get back out there.
“It’s been a long process and a long season for me,” said Spezza after practice. “It felt good to join the team again and get some reps in. It may not seem like it and I may not play this year but for me, it’s a small victory.”
MacLean reiterated his stance from yesterday saying Spezza is still a long way off from being ready to play. How far a “long way” is in the playoffs is up for debate. Seeing him practicing, however, is a big step in the right direction to seeing him back in action sooner than not.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52