May 12, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
We’ve got “Jason Spezza Watch” underway in Ottawa.
After yesterday’s update from coach Paul MacLean that the star center won’t be ready to start the second-round of the playoffs against Pittsburgh, sure enough he skated in a full practice with the team today in Ottawa. Spezza told reporters after it was good to get back out there.
“It’s been a long process and a long season for me,” said Spezza after practice. “It felt good to join the team again and get some reps in. It may not seem like it and I may not play this year but for me, it’s a small victory.”
MacLean reiterated his stance from yesterday saying Spezza is still a long way off from being ready to play. How far a “long way” is in the playoffs is up for debate. Seeing him practicing, however, is a big step in the right direction to seeing him back in action sooner than not.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (37)