May 12, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is never a guy to mince words. When it comes to getting into a game of matchups with Detroit coach Mike Babcock, he has a lot of respect for him. He’s also pretty tired of trying to keep up with him.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press hears it from the gregarious Anaheim bench boss about working against a tactician like Babcock.
“I know at the end of each of these games, I’m pretty whipped. That tells me I’m having to do more thinking than I really want to do. And besides, when you’re trying to match wits with Mike (Babcock), who has been in every pressure situation in the world, it’s not the easiest thing.”
This series has been anything but easy for the West’s No. 2 seed. They’re in a Game 7 tonight against the Wings and if the games heads to overtime, like four others have, Detroit is 3-1 in the extra session. Boudreau’s going to need to have his brain cardio in tip-top shape tonight to avoid the upset.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)