May 12, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is never a guy to mince words. When it comes to getting into a game of matchups with Detroit coach Mike Babcock, he has a lot of respect for him. He’s also pretty tired of trying to keep up with him.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press hears it from the gregarious Anaheim bench boss about working against a tactician like Babcock.
“I know at the end of each of these games, I’m pretty whipped. That tells me I’m having to do more thinking than I really want to do. And besides, when you’re trying to match wits with Mike (Babcock), who has been in every pressure situation in the world, it’s not the easiest thing.”
This series has been anything but easy for the West’s No. 2 seed. They’re in a Game 7 tonight against the Wings and if the games heads to overtime, like four others have, Detroit is 3-1 in the extra session. Boudreau’s going to need to have his brain cardio in tip-top shape tonight to avoid the upset.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)