May 12, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is never a guy to mince words. When it comes to getting into a game of matchups with Detroit coach Mike Babcock, he has a lot of respect for him. He’s also pretty tired of trying to keep up with him.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press hears it from the gregarious Anaheim bench boss about working against a tactician like Babcock.
“I know at the end of each of these games, I’m pretty whipped. That tells me I’m having to do more thinking than I really want to do. And besides, when you’re trying to match wits with Mike (Babcock), who has been in every pressure situation in the world, it’s not the easiest thing.”
This series has been anything but easy for the West’s No. 2 seed. They’re in a Game 7 tonight against the Wings and if the games heads to overtime, like four others have, Detroit is 3-1 in the extra session. Boudreau’s going to need to have his brain cardio in tip-top shape tonight to avoid the upset.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)