May 12, 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals are going the distance in their first-round series. The Rangers held on for a 1-0 victory in Game 6 on Sunday thanks to a goal by Derick Brassard and some fantastic netminding by Henrik Lundqvist.
Let’s discuss the contest.
- The Rangers power play went 0-for-5 on Sunday. Can New York go deep in the playoffs without special teams success? What should John Tortorella do to get more out of that struggling unit?
- So far in this series, the home team has won every game. The Rangers struggled on the road during much of the 2013 regular season.
- It’s also worth noting that Game 7 will be on Monday, a rare playoff back-to-back. Which team is likely to handle the short turnaround better tomorrow?
- If you had to face the Rangers or Capitals in the semifinals, which one would be easier to beat?
Mar 16, 2014, 9:28 PM EDT
Winnipeg takes early advantage over Dallas Stars.
Mar 16, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
At least Buffalo isn’t in a playoff chase.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Did Carl Hagelin score? Judge for yourself.
Mar 16, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
Also included: video of Kevin Bieksa’s impressive “save.”
Mar 16, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
The rivalry relocated.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
Tough loss for a player on a hot streak.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
It will begin 1-0, but with a full 60-minute game.
Mar 16, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Washington gets two key points in regulation.
Mar 16, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Good timing considering Chicago’s recent stumbles.
Mar 16, 2014, 5:13 PM EDT
Yep, he’s ridiculous.
Mar 16, 2014, 4:41 PM EDT
He sustained the lower-body injury earlier this week.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:44 PM EDT
Pittsburgh just lost back-to-back contests to Philadelphia.
Mar 16, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds had two goals and an assist to reach the 50-point milestone.
Mar 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Robin Lehner will play between the pipes instead.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Jhonas Enroth started for Buffalo on Saturday.
Mar 16, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
He wasn’t having a bad game, but his teammates were.
Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Crosby and Malkin might get more playing time together as a result.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
The game starts at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Mar 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Winnipeg is six points behind Dallas with 14 games to go.
Mar 16, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
He’s been a big part of Tampa Bay’s success this season.
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 9
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 3
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 8
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 17
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 3
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)