May 12, 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals are going the distance in their first-round series. The Rangers held on for a 1-0 victory in Game 6 on Sunday thanks to a goal by Derick Brassard and some fantastic netminding by Henrik Lundqvist.
Let’s discuss the contest.
- The Rangers power play went 0-for-5 on Sunday. Can New York go deep in the playoffs without special teams success? What should John Tortorella do to get more out of that struggling unit?
- So far in this series, the home team has won every game. The Rangers struggled on the road during much of the 2013 regular season.
- It’s also worth noting that Game 7 will be on Monday, a rare playoff back-to-back. Which team is likely to handle the short turnaround better tomorrow?
- If you had to face the Rangers or Capitals in the semifinals, which one would be easier to beat?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)