May 12, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs faced must-win situations in Game 6’s on Sunday and each squad found ways to win some tight games. In the case of the Maple Leafs, they beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Toronto.
Let’s chat, shall we?
- Like Henrik Lundqvist at Madison Square Garden, James Reimer came up huge on the big stage at home on Sunday. He stopped 29 out of 30 shots, only yielding to Milan Lucic with about 30 seconds left. Is this the game that establishes him as a legitimate No. 1 goalie or does he need to win Game 7 to really capture the hearts of Leafs fans and respect of critics?
- Nazem Kadri had his second point of the series, assisting on Dion Phaneuf‘s game-opening goal. Can he break out in Game 7 after struggling mightily?
- Phil Kessel ended up getting the game-winner. Will this reduce the amount of times he needs to cringe and answer questions about the Tyler Seguin/Dougie Hamilton trade? If not, could this at least turn down the volume of the heckling?
- Which team do you expect to advance with a Game 7 win?
- Tuukka Rask was in net when the Bruins gave up a 3-0 series lead against the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and faces the possibility of seeing a 3-1 series lead dissolve against Toronto. If that happens, will he be labeled a choker? Could it even convince Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli to go with a different option in net?
- Which Game 7 are you looking forward to the most on Sunday?
Jul 31, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
The defenseman spent the 2014-15 campaign in the Swiss League.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He considers himself a “young 29.”
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Ray Shero’s restructure continues.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
There is a key deadline approaching though.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Johnson won a gold medal in 1988, but it was taken away because of a positive steroids test.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
There’s a $500 million expansion fee to consider.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
This will be a key season for him.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because once Voracek’s eight-year contract kicks in, they’ll be part of that list.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)