May 12, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs faced must-win situations in Game 6’s on Sunday and each squad found ways to win some tight games. In the case of the Maple Leafs, they beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Toronto.
Let’s chat, shall we?
- Like Henrik Lundqvist at Madison Square Garden, James Reimer came up huge on the big stage at home on Sunday. He stopped 29 out of 30 shots, only yielding to Milan Lucic with about 30 seconds left. Is this the game that establishes him as a legitimate No. 1 goalie or does he need to win Game 7 to really capture the hearts of Leafs fans and respect of critics?
- Nazem Kadri had his second point of the series, assisting on Dion Phaneuf‘s game-opening goal. Can he break out in Game 7 after struggling mightily?
- Phil Kessel ended up getting the game-winner. Will this reduce the amount of times he needs to cringe and answer questions about the Tyler Seguin/Dougie Hamilton trade? If not, could this at least turn down the volume of the heckling?
- Which team do you expect to advance with a Game 7 win?
- Tuukka Rask was in net when the Bruins gave up a 3-0 series lead against the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and faces the possibility of seeing a 3-1 series lead dissolve against Toronto. If that happens, will he be labeled a choker? Could it even convince Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli to go with a different option in net?
- Which Game 7 are you looking forward to the most on Sunday?
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
He may begin 2014-15 banged up.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
“The next few days will be the turning point,” GM Jim Rutherford said.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
The early word is that he’s OK, though.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
It’s not as foolish as it sounds … maybe.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Worth a try.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:02 PM EDT
According to fellow Swede and Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
One last chance for a tune-up.
Oct 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Where he’ll resume coaching duties for KHL Lokomotiv.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
Didn’t take advantage of their opportunities.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Sounds like both will start the season at center.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
Off to AHL Lake Erie they go.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
“We have not been in contact with the IOC and they have not been in touch with us.”
Oct 1, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Meaning all of Columbus’ No. 1 line — Jenner, Ryan Johansen and Nathan Horton — is now out of action.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
He won’t be ready for the season opener.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Both have one-year, two-way contracts.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
And Zack Stortini has been placed on waivers.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
“You can tell a guy ‘don’t dive’, but even on our team we’ve seen a few of them.”
Oct 1, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Another veteran d-man, Nolan Yonkman, was also released.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
“But we’ve talked and we’ll continue to talk about it.”
Oct 1, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
A rookie head coach, some significant roster turnover and the annual questions in goal.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)