May 12, 2013, 10:21 PM EDT
Both the New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs faced must-win situations in Game 6′s on Sunday and each squad found ways to win some tight games. In the case of the Maple Leafs, they beat the Boston Bruins 2-1 in Toronto.
Let’s chat, shall we?
- Like Henrik Lundqvist at Madison Square Garden, James Reimer came up huge on the big stage at home on Sunday. He stopped 29 out of 30 shots, only yielding to Milan Lucic with about 30 seconds left. Is this the game that establishes him as a legitimate No. 1 goalie or does he need to win Game 7 to really capture the hearts of Leafs fans and respect of critics?
- Nazem Kadri had his second point of the series, assisting on Dion Phaneuf‘s game-opening goal. Can he break out in Game 7 after struggling mightily?
- Phil Kessel ended up getting the game-winner. Will this reduce the amount of times he needs to cringe and answer questions about the Tyler Seguin/Dougie Hamilton trade? If not, could this at least turn down the volume of the heckling?
- Which team do you expect to advance with a Game 7 win?
- Tuukka Rask was in net when the Bruins gave up a 3-0 series lead against the Philadelphia Flyers in 2010 and faces the possibility of seeing a 3-1 series lead dissolve against Toronto. If that happens, will he be labeled a choker? Could it even convince Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli to go with a different option in net?
- Which Game 7 are you looking forward to the most on Sunday?
Apr 24, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
“I think he likes the big stage.”
Apr 24, 2014, 8:04 AM EDT
Elsewhere, Detroit will play Boston and Colorado will face the Wild.
Apr 24, 2014, 1:59 AM EDT
The Blackhawks gave the Blues a taste of their own medicine.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
Another memorable moment for the American star.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
The NFL defensive back strategy.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Nice gesture … bad sign?
Apr 23, 2014, 11:04 PM EDT
Nick Foligno called his goal ahead of time.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:50 PM EDT
Just a nightmarish evening for Anaheim.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
Is history repeating itself?
Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Pittsburgh once again can’t hold a team to less than three goals.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Many wonder why he played the puck.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
He was hurt on Saturday.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
We ask, you answer.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
He was punished for a knee-on-knee hit to Colorado’s Tyson Barrie.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:37 PM EDT
Chicago is trying to even the series.
Apr 23, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
But Pittsburgh’s lead is far from secure.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
He was second in the regular season scoring race.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:33 PM EDT
San Jose will go for the sweep on Thursday.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Nick Schultz took his place.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
The game will start at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 18
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 76
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 95
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)