May 12, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
Washington goes into this afternoon’s Game 6 in New York against the Rangers with the chance to end the series and move to the second round. Having dealt with the Rangers in the playoffs in four of the last five seasons, they know that won’t be easy to do.
“I think the thought process should be to let them weather our storm and try to figure us out,” Alzner said. “That’s the mindset we want.”
One of the things (clichés?) you always hear about playing a playoff game on the road is having to make the best of the first 10 minutes and, yes, “weathering the storm.” If the Caps want to put the pressure on the Rangers and put them out of their element, taking it to them would do just that.
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63