May 12, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward Derek Dorsett was in the middle of a lot of action in Game 6 on Sunday, particularly when it came to a couple controversial physical moments.*
The moment that angered the Washington Capitals came when the 26-year-old drew a cross-checking penalty on Mike Green about midway through the third period. While Green’s infraction was pretty easy to identify, the Capitals believed that Dorsett should have gone to the penalty box as well.
On the bright side, the Rangers’ squalid power play didn’t score on the ensuing man advantage, so one could argue that it wasn’t a major moment. On the other hand, Washington advocates would likely argue that the Capitals lost out on crucial time to attempt to tie the game.
(Video of the incidents will be added to this post when available.)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 64
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 29
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15