May 12, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
Members of the Boston Bruins will spend Sunday night in Toronto, after their travel plans ran into a snag earlier in the evening.
“Late during tonight’s game we were made aware that there was a malfunction with our airplane. As a result we are staying in Toronto on Sunday night and the team will travel to Boston on Monday morning,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a brief statement on the team’s website.
The Bruins had a chance to close out the Toronto Maple Leafs in Game 6 of that Eastern Conference quarter-final Sunday evening, but gave up two third period goals and then couldn’t complete the comeback in a 2-1 loss, resulting in a seventh game.
Game 7 is scheduled for Monday evening.
Boy, the Bruins are taking this whole lack of production from the wings to a whole new level.—
Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) May 13, 2013
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 54
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)