May 12, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Boston’s defense corps is taking a hit for tonight’s Game 6 in Toronto.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced Andrew Ference would miss tonight’s game with an undisclosed ailment and that he didn’t even travel with the team to Toronto. The team says he is day-to-day and Julien says his lineup will be a game-time decision.
With Ference out tonight, look for Julien to possibly split up the pairing of Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg as he did in Game 2 when Ference was suspended. Other lineup issues may force that to happen anyhow.
Making life more difficult is Wade Redden‘s status as he may also miss tonight’s game as well. He missed Game 5 with a separate ailment. Redden was optimistic he would play in Game 6, but that will be determined tonight.
Who slots in if they can’t go? CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty notes Aaron Johnson was paired up with Johnny Boychuk during the morning skate in place of Ference. Meanwhile, rookie Matt Bartkowski was paired with Adam McQuaid in Redden’s spot. Rookie Dougie Hamilton could/should also figure into possibilities.
The window for the Leafs to force a Game 7 is opening just a bit more with these developments.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)