May 12, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Boston’s defense corps is taking a hit for tonight’s Game 6 in Toronto.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced Andrew Ference would miss tonight’s game with an undisclosed ailment and that he didn’t even travel with the team to Toronto. The team says he is day-to-day and Julien says his lineup will be a game-time decision.
With Ference out tonight, look for Julien to possibly split up the pairing of Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg as he did in Game 2 when Ference was suspended. Other lineup issues may force that to happen anyhow.
Making life more difficult is Wade Redden‘s status as he may also miss tonight’s game as well. He missed Game 5 with a separate ailment. Redden was optimistic he would play in Game 6, but that will be determined tonight.
Who slots in if they can’t go? CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty notes Aaron Johnson was paired up with Johnny Boychuk during the morning skate in place of Ference. Meanwhile, rookie Matt Bartkowski was paired with Adam McQuaid in Redden’s spot. Rookie Dougie Hamilton could/should also figure into possibilities.
The window for the Leafs to force a Game 7 is opening just a bit more with these developments.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)