May 12, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Boston’s defense corps is taking a hit for tonight’s Game 6 in Toronto.
Bruins coach Claude Julien announced Andrew Ference would miss tonight’s game with an undisclosed ailment and that he didn’t even travel with the team to Toronto. The team says he is day-to-day and Julien says his lineup will be a game-time decision.
With Ference out tonight, look for Julien to possibly split up the pairing of Zdeno Chara and Dennis Seidenberg as he did in Game 2 when Ference was suspended. Other lineup issues may force that to happen anyhow.
Making life more difficult is Wade Redden‘s status as he may also miss tonight’s game as well. He missed Game 5 with a separate ailment. Redden was optimistic he would play in Game 6, but that will be determined tonight.
Who slots in if they can’t go? CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty notes Aaron Johnson was paired up with Johnny Boychuk during the morning skate in place of Ference. Meanwhile, rookie Matt Bartkowski was paired with Adam McQuaid in Redden’s spot. Rookie Dougie Hamilton could/should also figure into possibilities.
The window for the Leafs to force a Game 7 is opening just a bit more with these developments.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)