May 12, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT
The Rangers head into this afternoon’s must-win Game 6 against Washington with one of their high-priced, big talent players starting on the fourth line.
According to the line rushes in warmups before the game, center Brad Richards is slated on the fourth line with Chris Kreider (filling in for the injured Ryane Clowe) and Arron Asham. In the first five games of the series Richards has one goal and no assists and he along with Rick Nash have been major disappointments.
Curiously enough, however, Richards’ history in elimination games is strong. In 13 career games where his team could be knocked out he has seven goals. A goal or two today would go a long way towards extending the Rangers season. That said, another no-show game might fire up rumors about a possible amnesty buyout this summer once again.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)