May 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman is feeling confident about his squad at the World Championships. He’s feeling so good about them he doesn’t see the need to add anyone else to the roster as Donna Spencer of The Canadian Press reports.
“At 12 and eight, we really have no plans of adding a forward,” Hockey Canada’s executive director of the national men’s team said at the Globe Arena. “If we got an injury, maybe add a forward, but we’re comfortable with the group we have.”
Rosters can have 22 skaters and three goalies. As it is now, Canada has 20 skaters now with the addition of Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis and two goalies so there’s room to bring in help if needed.
What’s curious about this is now Team Canada could add P.K. Subban to the roster if they wanted (and he was willing to go). Who wouldn’t want to add a Norris Trophy finalist?
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 3
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 49
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 61
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)