May 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman is feeling confident about his squad at the World Championships. He’s feeling so good about them he doesn’t see the need to add anyone else to the roster as Donna Spencer of The Canadian Press reports.
“At 12 and eight, we really have no plans of adding a forward,” Hockey Canada’s executive director of the national men’s team said at the Globe Arena. “If we got an injury, maybe add a forward, but we’re comfortable with the group we have.”
Rosters can have 22 skaters and three goalies. As it is now, Canada has 20 skaters now with the addition of Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis and two goalies so there’s room to bring in help if needed.
What’s curious about this is now Team Canada could add P.K. Subban to the roster if they wanted (and he was willing to go). Who wouldn’t want to add a Norris Trophy finalist?
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32