May 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman is feeling confident about his squad at the World Championships. He’s feeling so good about them he doesn’t see the need to add anyone else to the roster as Donna Spencer of The Canadian Press reports.
“At 12 and eight, we really have no plans of adding a forward,” Hockey Canada’s executive director of the national men’s team said at the Globe Arena. “If we got an injury, maybe add a forward, but we’re comfortable with the group we have.”
Rosters can have 22 skaters and three goalies. As it is now, Canada has 20 skaters now with the addition of Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis and two goalies so there’s room to bring in help if needed.
What’s curious about this is now Team Canada could add P.K. Subban to the roster if they wanted (and he was willing to go). Who wouldn’t want to add a Norris Trophy finalist?
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50