May 11, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Team Canada GM Steve Yzerman is feeling confident about his squad at the World Championships. He’s feeling so good about them he doesn’t see the need to add anyone else to the roster as Donna Spencer of The Canadian Press reports.
“At 12 and eight, we really have no plans of adding a forward,” Hockey Canada’s executive director of the national men’s team said at the Globe Arena. “If we got an injury, maybe add a forward, but we’re comfortable with the group we have.”
Rosters can have 22 skaters and three goalies. As it is now, Canada has 20 skaters now with the addition of Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis and two goalies so there’s room to bring in help if needed.
What’s curious about this is now Team Canada could add P.K. Subban to the roster if they wanted (and he was willing to go). Who wouldn’t want to add a Norris Trophy finalist?
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)