May 11, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
When the Minnesota Wild were eliminated in five games by Chicago, some fans in Minnesota wanted to see coach Mike Yeo suffer for the team’s ineffective power play. For some, struggling against the best team in the league as the eighth seed in the playoffs is inexcusable.
Despite the outcry from some in the Wild fanbase, GM Chuck Fletcher is keeping up with what worked for them this season as Michael Russo of The Star Tribune reports.
Fletcher tells Russo his job is to not overreact to losing a playoff series to the best team in the league. Huh, how about that.
While there are alluring coaching candidates out there in Lindy Ruff and Guy Boucher, Fletcher appears content to move ahead with Yeo and work on providing him with better players.
As it is, Yeo has a year left on his contract with the Wild. If things don’t improve next season, then change could be on the way especially with all the high-priced pieces in place for success.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)