May 11, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
After a relatively quiet start to Game 6, Evgeni Malkin really started to heat up in the third period, eventually setting up Paul Martin‘s game-tying goal. (Cruel folks might say that Frans Nielsen deserves to be “credited” with the tally. That’s not very nice, though.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins are now tied 3-3 as Saturday’s contest goes to OT.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32