May 11, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
After a relatively quiet start to Game 6, Evgeni Malkin really started to heat up in the third period, eventually setting up Paul Martin‘s game-tying goal. (Cruel folks might say that Frans Nielsen deserves to be “credited” with the tally. That’s not very nice, though.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins are now tied 3-3 as Saturday’s contest goes to OT.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18