May 11, 2013, 9:49 PM EDT
After a relatively quiet start to Game 6, Evgeni Malkin really started to heat up in the third period, eventually setting up Paul Martin‘s game-tying goal. (Cruel folks might say that Frans Nielsen deserves to be “credited” with the tally. That’s not very nice, though.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins are now tied 3-3 as Saturday’s contest goes to OT.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13