May 11, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings have a chance to close out the St. Louis Blues in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
The play of goalie Jonathan Quick has helped the Kings come back from a two-games-to-none deficit at the start of the series to a chance to eliminate the Blues in Game 6 on Friday.
Quick is again in fine form through two periods tonight in L.A. Here’s a look at a save he made off Blues’ forward Ryan Reaves in the second period to keep the score tied at 1-1.
That would be a pivotal save, because with 0.2 seconds remaining in the period, Dustin Penner gave the Kings a 2-1 lead heading into the third period on a slap shot that beat Blues’ goalie Brian Elliott.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)