May 11, 2013, 1:04 AM EST
Dustin Penner had two goals in 33 games for the L.A. Kings during the regular season. He now has two goals in these playoffs.
What is it about this time of year that finally wakes him from his slumber?
His second goal of the series against the St. Louis Blues proved to be the winner in Game 6, which the Kings won by a final score of 2-1 to advance to the second round of the 2013 Stanley Cup playoffs.
As critical a goal as this was for L.A., it was deflating for the Blues. Penner scored on a slap shot that deflected off the defenseman Roman Polak‘s stick and past Brian Elliott with 0.2 seconds remaining in the second period.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here is the post-game media scrum in which Penner discusses the goal.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 22
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 67
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (68)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)