May 11, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
John Tavares and the New York Islanders earned more than a few admirers during their first-round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but they ultimately lost in six games. Tavares told ESPN’s Katie Strang that his first taste of postseason action will just push him harder in preparation for 2013-14.
“I’ll be thinking about it all summer,” Tavares said.
Tavares, 22, scored nearly a point-per-game in the playoffs (five in six contests) after producing similar work in the regular season (47 points in 48 games).
Tavares’ team didn’t come out on top, yet the Islanders’ strong play hinted that the future could be brighter.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 91
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 47
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63