May 11, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
Now that Jason Spezza is skating with the Ottawa Senators’ “Black Aces” at practice, everyone in Ottawa is wondering if he might be ready to play in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Sens coach Paul MacLean is making sure to not get anyone’s hopes up as Ian Mendes of Sportsnet reports. Is there a chance he’ll play?
“No, not in my mind,” MacLean said on Saturday morning when asked about Spezza being available for the start of the second round. “I don’t know what the hope is, but he is in a rehab process. And that process has him skating. To me, it’s a long way away.”
Spezza has been out since late January with a herniated disc in his back. It was believed his season was finished after having the operation in February to repair it, but now that he’s returned to skating hopes are rising. Let’s see him get back to actually practicing with the team before thinking he could be back.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)