May 11, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
The concept of a high-pressure Game 7 against the New York Islanders on Sunday probably didn’t appeal much to the Pittsburgh Penguins. They didn’t play splendidly during the entirety of Game 6 on Saturday, but a late charge by Evgeni Malkin helped set up a 4-3 OT win, ending the series 4-2.
Let’s discuss the contest and series.
- Conversely, the Penguins weren’t exactly dominant in an elimination game. Should they be considered about their play, particularly in their own end? Which habits are worrisome and which ones might have a lot to do with the fact that the Islanders boast a dangerous offense of their own?
- Tomas Vokoun‘s now on a two-game winning streak after taking over for Marc-Andre Fleury. Is it best for the Penguins to stick with the hot hand or go with their franchise guy against the Ottawa Senators?
- Evgeni Malkin took over the game late, setting up the tying and winning goals. Does this have the makings of yet another Conn Smythe run for Geno?
- The Penguins go from one scrappy lower seed to another in the Senators. Will Pittsburgh have trouble with the upstarts in Ottawa?
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)