May 11, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
The concept of a high-pressure Game 7 against the New York Islanders on Sunday probably didn’t appeal much to the Pittsburgh Penguins. They didn’t play splendidly during the entirety of Game 6 on Saturday, but a late charge by Evgeni Malkin helped set up a 4-3 OT win, ending the series 4-2.
Let’s discuss the contest and series.
- Conversely, the Penguins weren’t exactly dominant in an elimination game. Should they be considered about their play, particularly in their own end? Which habits are worrisome and which ones might have a lot to do with the fact that the Islanders boast a dangerous offense of their own?
- Tomas Vokoun‘s now on a two-game winning streak after taking over for Marc-Andre Fleury. Is it best for the Penguins to stick with the hot hand or go with their franchise guy against the Ottawa Senators?
- Evgeni Malkin took over the game late, setting up the tying and winning goals. Does this have the makings of yet another Conn Smythe run for Geno?
- The Penguins go from one scrappy lower seed to another in the Senators. Will Pittsburgh have trouble with the upstarts in Ottawa?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)