May 11, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings finished off the St. Louis Blues in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, winning the last four games of the series.
On Friday, the Kings, the defending Stanley Cup champions, eliminated the Blues in six games thanks to a gritty 2-1 victory on home ice.
The Kings got off to a less-than-ideal start in these playoffs, falling behind the Blues two-games-to-none to start the series.
- Dustin Penner scored the winner with 0.2 seconds remaining in the second period on a slap shot that was deflected. That’s deflating.
- How good has goalie Jonathan Quick been since blaming himself for both L.A. losses to begin the series? He was nearly unbeatable on Friday. Here’s an example of his stellar play.
- Drew Doughty scored. That’s the first of these playoffs for the Kings talented blue liner. First goal in nine games, dating back to the regular season.
- The refs put the whistles away. Two teams combined for just two minor penalties.
- All six games in this series were decided by one goal. That’s how close it was.
- The Blues had 21 missed shots in Game 6.
- As per the Kings’ official Twitter account, the Kings overcame an 0-2 series deficit for the second time in the team’s history.
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 1
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 9
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 165
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 25
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (165)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)